Choose me a gun!

This is a discussion on Choose me a gun! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You already have one plastic gun. Why don't you consider metal for your next one? You'll experience a completely different feel when you shoot it. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Choose me a gun!

The plastic rut...

You already have one plastic gun. Why don't you consider metal for your next one? You'll experience a completely different feel when you shoot it. How about a Sig, Beretta, CZ or something like that in all metal?

Here is a Sig P229 in .40 I got used for $500 a few years ago. It is one of the best semiautos I have ever owned, and it is made of steel and aluminum.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    You had it right the first time go with the XD.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    You already have one plastic gun. Why don't you consider metal for your next one? You'll experience a completely different feel when you shoot it. How about a Sig, Beretta, CZ or something like that in all metal?

Here is a Sig P229 in .40 I got used for $500 a few years ago. It is one of the best semiautos I have ever owned, and it is made of steel and aluminum.
    That is a very nice gun. I will keep it under my hat. I actually shot the P229 in 9mm a few weeks ago. Loved it, but was a tad out of my price range. I'll take a look at a few used 229's.

I am a huge fan and convert of the/to the XD-M. Mine is in .40, holds 16 +1and is like an extension of my hand. Some Glock fans will pooh-pooh the grip safety and a few other features, but that is just because they're guns are SO ridiculously UGLY (kidding, Glockster...don't get your undergarments bunched...kidding).

I love the XD, and will never carry my Glock again.
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    glock 17

Glock17, 19 or 21. Try the XD45c (if you can find one) I like it the best of all. My XDm9 is nice but the trigger has a little "creep" to it. The XD, any Glock or Sig will be a safe buy.
    XD45c and G19...Because I can and this is still America at least for a little while longer.
    Food for thought - If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?
    Any mouse-flavored cat food?
    Only in America do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.

S&W M&P 9mm

I would go with the Glock.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

G17

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Pepsico...can you be more specific what you want your next gun to be? Are you looking for just a range gun or will you be carrying it also?

Either way I would consider the 9mm for the cheaper price of ammo.

Glock 17..you won't regret it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I have a XDM 9 and a Glock 17. Both are awsome. If they both got stole today and I could only replace one of the I would get another XDM.

Distinguished Member
    I found a gun shop in town that I didn't know existed (they supply the local PD) his words were "XDm was a Glock on steroids" and by the way, he sells both brands.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingZ View Post
    I found a gun shop in town that I didn't know existed (they supply the local PD) his words were "XDm was a Glock on steroids" and by the way, he sells both brands.

Z
    Does that mean the XD outperforms the Glock, then lies about it before the media and blames it's cousin?

There are too many features about the XD-M that make it completely dissimilar the Glock for me to agree. Most noteably, the XD has that grip safety that seems to set so many firearms instructors on one side of the fence or another. I guess you could suggest the same thing about ALL polymer pistols, but THAT is where the similarity ends in this case.
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

CZ 75-P01 ,
    The best NATO has to offer.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links