Best sights for carry XDsc

Best sights for carry XDsc

This is a discussion on Best sights for carry XDsc within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a new XDsc that will be my carry gun. It's going to be in a CrossBreed IWB. What is the best sights our ...

Thread: Best sights for carry XDsc

Question Best sights for carry XDsc

I have a new XDsc that will be my carry gun. It's going to be in a CrossBreed IWB.

What is the best sights our there for it? The XS-sights look good. Will the big dot fit the supertuck? How about the standard?
    Are the night sights worth it?
    If not XS sights, then what are other better options?

Thanks

“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

I have an XD9sc and ordered it from the factory with XS Big Dot tritium sights

Best choice I've ever made. You will get a faster target acquisition than you can using a traditional 3 dot sight configuration. The eye just adjusts quicker to a vertical alignment than it does with a horizontal alignment.

I believed what I read, but really didn't think I could tell a difference until I got them. YES, I do get on target quicker with the Big Dots.

Will be putting them on more of my pistols in the future for sure.

As a side note, my XD9sc is my back up gun, so I predominantly use it with my non-dominant hand and find the Big Dots and vertical alignment really helps for non-dominant (weak side) shooting. I do on occasion carry it as my primary and something smaller as a back up and of course the Big Dots are great with your normal dominant side.

I have found the Big Dots have had no problem with any of my holsters, including my Brommeland Max-Con V.

As the tritium night sights go, I will never get another defensive gun without them if they are available for that gun. I have a tritium bead on my shotgun, tritium iron sights on my AR-15 and tritium sights on my Glock-23 and of course the Tritium Big Dots on the XD9sc.

One of the reasons I'm not carrying my 1911's because I don't have night sights on them yet.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

another option to look into is TFO sights from TRU GLO. They have Tritium glowing against the back of fiber optic sights. During the day the fiber optic picks up ambient light to make them glow, at night the tritium lights up. I put a bright green dot up front and duller yellow lights in teh back, makes it easy to get a quick front sight in stressful situations.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

I'm waiting to get a set of the XS big dots for my XD9sc, as I feel they are some of the best combat sights available!
    "All war is deception" --Sun Tzu
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Ditto for me on the Big Dots.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Are the XS Big Dots something that a person can install himself, or does it need taken to a gunsmith? Again, I have a Springfield XDsc.

Anyone have thoughts on this sight?
    Sure Sight - The Newest Idea in Accurate Shooting

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rcsnpr View Post
    Novel concept. I've just installed Warren Tactical 2-dot tritium on my M&P 45fs so I'm not ready to jump to another concept. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has tried them.

FYI, here is what it looks like...

Last edited by HowardCohodas; March 1st, 2009 at 07:21 PM.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Best sights for carry XDsc?

Best only makes sense when it is applied to a specific user performance attribute of the sights. Even then, so much depends on the user, his health, his eyesight, his age, etc.

The best you can hope for is for others to comment and tell you what attribute they are evaluating.

When the smoke clears, you will need to try them out for yourself to personalize your answer.
    Howard

Quote Originally Posted by rcsnpr View Post
    These are the same type of sights that come on the Steyr pistols. These sure sights sure are pricey.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Good 'ole Trijicons...for me...on both my Glocks. Meps on the Kimbers.

Night sights are definitely worth it if you have sixty year old eyes...perfect for shots in a dark house...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm going with the TruGlo sights.... talked with several here that have them, etc. and seem to be the best ones as far as working well at night and in the daylight. About $100.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I'm going with the TruGlo sights.... talked with several here that have them, etc. and seem to be the best ones as far as working well at night and in the daylight. About $100.
    I have a set of TruGlo's on my XD40. AWESOME. Everyone who has shot my gun loves them. Very very bright in daylight, very clear at night.

Word of warning. Some users have reported the fiber falling out of the sights. Just secure them with a small dab of superglue and you're good to go.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaPhil View Post
    I have a set of TruGlo's on my XD40. AWESOME. Everyone who has shot my gun loves them. Very very bright in daylight, very clear at night.

Word of warning. Some users have reported the fiber falling out of the sights. Just secure them with a small dab of superglue and you're good to go.

Phil
    Time out on the range, lights down, on hands and knees helping a friend. Been there, done that.
    Howard

Sponsored Links