Mousegun opinions

This is a discussion on Mousegun opinions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do you have a link to this, in stock? I'm assuming you saw their "last price" Yep, its out of stock. I have been looking ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mousegun opinions

Do you have a link to this, in stock? I'm assuming you saw their "last price"
    Yep, its out of stock. I have been looking at a lot of guns that seem to be out of stock on there.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ICTsnub View Post
    To me, break in is complete BS on a gun. I will shoot to learn to trust a gun, but if you must fire 500 rounds to make it run, the manufacturer did not finish building the product. Would you buy a toilet that required 200 uses to run reliable enough not to put your life at risk?
    +1!

Sounds like you already know any "mouse gun" is a major compromise in reliablilty, shootability, effectiveness, etc.
    Whichever one you choose, I'd see if there was a way to make ankle-carry (or smartcarry) work so that you could at least have a J-frame on you as well.

Is there a reason you're not willing to consider a tuckable holster? Access might be a little slower than pocket carry (though I defy anyone to draw from a pocket holster while already engaged in a knockdown-dragout fight) but you'd be able to carry a more reliable gun.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

I did some searching and actually found an old thread on here called " The Black Widow vs .380"

Here's a quote

I tried to find the ballistic tables for .22 magnum but couldn't believe what I found... a .22 magnum with a muzzle energy of over 300 ft.lbs whereas the Golden Saber .380 has about 200 ft.lbs. Is this accurate? The rounds I use for SD, 124gr+P Golden Sabers, have a muzzle energy of almost double the .380 round (386 ft.lbs.) If so, I think I'm going with the Black Widow for a CCW.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyebedam View Post
    I would suggest the LCP in a desantsis nemesis pocket holster.
    Same here, I have the 370xxx prefix serial number and have been through the recall. Quite painless and Ruger has been great about it, not only did they throw in a new mag but a baseball cap as well by golly. From the day I got the shipping carton to having the gun back in my greasy hands was 12 working days. If you do not want to go through the recall get one thats already retro-fitted, you just wont get the extra mag and flashy new baseball cap. I did a Militec1 heat treatment on mine and carry it in pocket a lot.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Not so fast!

ME over emphasizes speed rather than overall force on target. If ME alone was the measure of effective on target effect a .22 would make as good a Elk gun as a 30.06. It is misleading as to what actual mass is delivered on target to measure the ratio of Speed and bullet weight. Particularly in small fast cartridges that score well in ME but do not deliver that in mass power on target down the line. ME is not all its cracked up to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arverni View Post
    I work in this kind of clothing, and P3AT is my pocket carry. It conceals really well. Lightweight is the way to go, my opinion.
    Plus 1

Not so fast! ME over emphasizes speed rather than overall force on target. If ME alone was the measure of effective on target effect a .22 would make as good a Elk gun as a 30.06. It is misleading as to what actual mass is delivered on target to measure the ratio of Speed and bullet weight. Particularly in small fast cartridges that score well in ME but do not deliver that in mass power on target down the line. ME is not all its cracked up to be here.
    I can't disagree with you. What you said was true. Just like a .45 is slower than a 9mm but, the .45 would probably put a whole lot more energy into the target. That is if it didn't exit..as it's a bigger heavier bullet.

I was thinking of an up close shot with the .22 magnum.

los

Seecamp. ..
    <---------------------
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikGr7 View Post
    If you find and like the Ruger LCP make sure the serial number starts with 371. These are the newer ones that are not affected by the recall. Mine is so easy to carry and very accurate to be so small.

I was thinking of an up close shot with the .22 magnum.
    Anything is better than nothing!

I know the 3 choices mentioned were Seecamp, Ruger and the Kel Tec.

I sometimes think outside the bun...why I eat at Taco Bell..lol

Since caliber doesn't matter and it has to be small..how about this?

North American Arms (Black Widow) .22 Magnum
    North American Arms
    [Off Topic] A Texan that eats at Taco Bell?!?!? Are there no Taco Buenos, Taco Cabanas, or Taco Villas in your area?
    [/Off Topic]

I had a chance to shoot the Black Widow at one point. It's a great pocket gun albeit unconventional.
    Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

A Texan that eats at Taco Bell?!?!?
    LOL yeah I guess I got better choices for finding Mexican food

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    Ok then...pat on the back. :)) If you have shot for 26 years...why even ask the question then? You clearly should know everything.

Nice euphanism...uh, I mean sound bite. But the toilet would, I believe, not put my life at risk :))) Less of course, it fires back...hehe...and makes a mess.

Rick
    Nope, I've shot a lot longer than that, just owned that pistol 26 years. And I seem to get a little dumber every day, so I cannot live up to your expectations.

Carry is fairly new to Kansas, and the idea of using a tiny gun is very new to me. The members of this forum have always been great about sharing what does and doesn't work. It helps me get the learning curve without all the time and money.

I'd be curious to hear from those in the military and LEO if someone "breaks in" there duty guns before issue, or just hands them over to carry as is.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

I am kinda stuck on a no safety DAO platform.

I know the 3 choices mentioned were Seecamp, Ruger and the Kel Tec.

I sometimes think outside the bun...why I eat at Taco Bell..lol

Since caliber doesn't matter and it has to be small..how about this?

North American Arms (Black Widow) .22 Magnum
    North American Arms
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

LCP or Keltec will do the job. I carry mine in a DeSantis Super Fly, excellent pocket holster, no printing, and stay put. It is always on me, even when I have my Glock on my hip.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links