Mousegun opinions - Page 4

Mousegun opinions

This is a discussion on Mousegun opinions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would vote for the Seecamp- it is hard to see anyone being disappointed with a pistol made with that much care & concern....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mousegun opinions

Senior Member Array McPatrickClan's Avatar
    I would vote for the Seecamp- it is hard to see anyone being disappointed with a pistol made with that much care & concern.

I like my P3AT. With a Crimson Trace laser, extra magazine and 13 rounds of ammo I'm only carrying 15 ounces

Price and quality...NAA Guardian in .380. Possibly the Kahr PM9.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

NAA Guardian, I have two a 32 and a 380, the 380 is always in my right front pocket, the wife usually has the 32. With the new rounds from BB in 380 that actually have better ballistics than a 38 special Hydrashok I feel well protected when it has to play primary. It is usually my BUG to my G23. The extra size and weight help control recoil. Good luck in your choice, there's lot's of new 380's coming on the scene in the next 6 months!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Quote Originally Posted by ICTsnub View Post
    I'm going back into a workplace that requires me to wear dress slacks and a tucked shirt. I have no interest in tuckable holsters, so help me with pocket carry.

I have played with J frames, and a Kahr P9, and am not happy with them for pocket carry with slacks. So I am looking at the Seecamp.32, the LCP, and the P3AT. I couldn't care about caliber, none of them are as big as I like. What works better for pocket carry, a smaller heavier gun, or a slightly bigger, lighter gun?

I like smaller in the backpocket. Hence my Seecamp. Prints like a wallet but very accessible. I carried mine in my tux for a father/daughter charity ball Saturday.......you can't get any more dressed up than that!

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

My recommendation is in two parts...

First:
    I highly recommend the Ruger LCP. I carry larger calibers, but the trusty LCP is the only firearm with me 100% of the time.

Second:
    I also recommend that you get a decent under-the-shirt holster rig. This is simply the best way to carry in a white-collar environment, if you do not wear a jacket. My wife actually made carry rig from a wide band of elastic, a thin band of elastic and a small section of clothing-grade vinyl. The LCP sits between my left bicep and chest and an extra mag is on the other side. By leaving one button undone under my tie I can quickly and easily reach it. This style of carry is 110% deep concealed, and without even a hint of gun printing.

My deep carry rig (Please excuse my 45-year old Dunlap tire.)

Whew! I was wearing a clean T-shirt.
    Last edited by gglass; March 3rd, 2009 at 01:08 AM.
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

gglass, that is one sweet carry rig...

gglass... I love your rig! In fact, I often carry an XD9sc or a Glock 23 in exactly the same way frequently and never a print or a tell tale sign of packing heat. I also love my new LCP mousegun. It is simply awesome.

For those of you who likes gglass' rig but whose wives are not seamstresses, you can get some commercially made rigs just like it.

The one I have used so much that I'm working on my second one is called the Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster It has two narrow and adjustable shoulder straps like a pair of suspenders which help carry the weight of your gun for all day comfort if you have something larger than your mousegun in the holster. Below are two pics from the website and you can get it here.

Another similar one to the above pictured rig is called the TRUSS Tactical Retention Undercover Suspension System by SpecGear and can be found here. It is a lot like the Deep Concealment Shoulder holster except it has several more pockets for extra gear like knives, handcuffs, OC spray, spare ammo etc. They have some demo videos which show some extremely fast draws. Especially if you are a fan of "cowboy" shirts with snaps instead of buttons. I am really looking at getting the TRUSS as my next one when my other other one wears out simply because of all the different options for gear and carrying your gun.

Lastly is a favorite of one of our forum members who is a federal agent and wears this rig almost exclusively. It is an compression undershirt with multi-configurable holsters to carry two guns and extra gear compartments. It is from Undercover Comfort and can be found here. fedwifasig can draw from concealment and fire two aimed shots on target at 7 yards in something like 2.5 or 2.6 seconds. Every bit as fast as drawing from any number of other carry options.

Learning little tricks like leaving a button unbuttoned or even making a false button and securing the gap with a couple dot's of velcro will keep your shirt from gaping open works great. These are considered "specialty rigs" for "deep concealment" and work great for white collar office people or service people like plumbers and repairmen who go into strangers houses all day long but may have to crawl around a lot in their homes which makes traditional belt carry impractical because they risk flashing their weapon as their shirts ride up.

+1 on your two recommendations gglass. I totally agree with both!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Somehow I'm picturing rust and mushrooms. I'm a big sweaty boy, and it gets 100+ with 80% humidity here. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by gglass View Post
    My recommendation is in two parts...

First:
    I highly recommend the Ruger LCP. I carry larger calibers, but the trusty LCP is the only firearm with me 100% of the time.

Second:
    I also recommend that you get a decent under-the-shirt holster rig. This is simply the best way to carry in a white-collar environment, if you do not wear a jacket. My wife actually made carry rig from a wide band of elastic, a thin band of elastic and a small section of clothing-grade vinyl. The LCP sits between my left bicep and chest and an extra mad is on the other side. By leaving one button undone under my tie I can quickly and easily reach it. This style of carry is 110% deep concealed, and without even a hint of gun printing.

My deep carry rig (Please excuse my 45-year old Dunlap tire.)

Whew! I was wearing a clean T-shirt.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

Somehow I'm picturing rust and mushrooms. I'm a big sweaty boy, and it gets 100+ with 80% humidity here. A lot.
    Same temps and humidity here next door in Missouri ICTsnub... And yes, you may have to wipe your gun down at the end of the day, but I've carried my Glock and XD as well as some Stainless SP-101's and Stainless Speed Six and never had rust problems.

Glock and XD has some pretty tough finishes on them and if you wipe the gun down and then a quick coat of Breakfree you won't have any problems.

Also for me these are specialty holsters and not necessarily used daily. Just when needed because of clothing options or places I'm traveling.

btw... hand wash the carry rigs or use with care on gentle cycle in washer and take them out before the spin cycle and I usually air dry mine.

I sweat a lot too and have pulled my guns out of them after 14 hours on a July day with sweat dripping off the gun. Still no rust if you do even rudimentary maintenance on your guns as needed.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I just picked up my LCP a few days ago and all I can say is wow. The fit and finish is not evan compareable to the kel-tec. I know that people here like them but I have never seen a kel-tec at a range that wasn't having a problem. Also I have never seen an LCP at the range have any sort of problems. I have not shot mine yet but I have shot my buddies gun and he has never had a problem with his and it has at least 700 rounds through it.

As for concealability you can't beat a gun this size. anywhere you put it know one will know its there. You could also check out the belt clip for the Kel-tec to put it on the LCP. I put one on mine and when in your back pocket it looks just like a knife.

My vote LCP!!!!!!!!!!!! you can't even compare it to a Kel-tec.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

I can tell you with complete certainty that this little LCP is resistant to everything I've thrown at it. It is on my person at all times except for sleeping, and it sits on the counter while I shower. There are no signs of rust or surface wear at all. Even after firing this little guy over 1,500 times, I would give it a near LNIB appearance.

This picture was taken about two weeks ago.
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

GKG
    2 B.U.G.s in our stable; 1-Colt Pocketlite .380 and 1-Beretta 21a in .22LR. Love them both and the Pocketlite is extremely accurate out to 50 feet+. Gold dots in both.
    Geoff & Suzy-If you're reading it, Suzy typed it.
    In Loving Memory of my baby brother Benjamin Ian
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" Plato
    "Those who give up liberty for the sake of security deserve neither liberty nor security." Benjamin Franklin

It's finally here.

Got the Seecamp last week, been carrying it in a Uncle Mikes #3 made for a J Frame. Nicely made(the LWS32), but very specific and unusual operating instructions. I really like that the company comes out in the owners manual and declares break ins, and fluffing BS. If it's broken, don't expect more shooting to cure it.

So this morning I got to shoot it. I'm very happy. Good trigger pull, perfect function, and I can hit with it. And to top it off, this showed up 30 minutes ago.
    Seecamp Pocket/Wallet Holster
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

Got the Seecamp last week, been carrying it in a Uncle Mikes #3 made for a J Frame. Nicely made(the LWS32), but very specific and unusual operating instructions. I really like that the company comes out in the owners manual and declares break ins, and fluffing BS. If it's broken, don't expect more shooting to cure it.

So this morning I got to shoot it. I'm very happy. Good trigger pull, perfect function, and I can hit with it. And to top it off, this showed up 30 minutes ago.
    Seecamp Pocket/Wallet Holster
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

you could take shots at the bar cheaper than shoots at the range with that thing, and do more damage too............

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links