Mousegun opinions

This is a discussion on Mousegun opinions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm going back into a workplace that requires me to wear dress slacks and a tucked shirt. I have no interest in tuckable holsters, so ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mousegun opinions

Mousegun opinions

I'm going back into a workplace that requires me to wear dress slacks and a tucked shirt. I have no interest in tuckable holsters, so help me with pocket carry.

I have played with J frames, and a Kahr P9, and am not happy with them for pocket carry with slacks. So I am looking at the Seecamp.32, the LCP, and the P3AT. I couldn't care about caliber, none of them are as big as I like. What works better for pocket carry, a smaller heavier gun, or a slightly bigger, lighter gun?
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member

Many opinions

Quote Originally Posted by ICTsnub View Post
    I'm going back into a workplace that requires me to wear dress slacks and a tucked shirt. I have no interest in tuckable holsters, so help me with pocket carry.

I have played with J frames, and a Kahr P9, and am not happy with them for pocket carry with slacks. So I am looking at the Seecamp.32, the LCP, and the P3AT. I couldn't care about caliber, none of them are as big as I like. What works better for pocket carry, a smaller heavier gun, or a slightly bigger, lighter gun?
    Doubtless, you will get many opinions and some excellent advice here. My experience with dress slacks is that the heavier guns tend to "push out" more and become more obvious in the pocket. A lot depends on the particulary gun and holster combination though.

Have you thought about ankle carry at all? Not the most optimal carry, but for an office environment, it is hard to beat.

I work in this kind of clothing, and P3AT is my pocket carry. It conceals really well. Lightweight is the way to go, my opinion.
    Yes, the world has gotten smaller, but it will always be too big to be ruled by unelected bureaucrats.

A few have listened...and learned!
    I carry (once in a while) a KelTec P-3AT in a Fist #5 Kydex pocket holster with the 'thumb push'...it works!

The thin kydex hugs the thigh, will not tip in the pocket and only the gun comes out on the draw (guaranteed) it's the thumb push...easy re-holster, no printing.

If you want a thin pocket holster that will work...this is it.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    My LCP works for me, I always carry it but add to it with a real CCW when I feel necessary.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    How you carry, whichever you choose, is the question. Any of the three you mentioned will work for you provided you use a proper holster. My personal choice is the Seecamp due to it's size, reliability and robust nature.

I would get the Kel Tec P3AT as it costs less
    than the Ruger LCP. I don't know much about
    the Seecamp.32

To be more clear, my question really is whether size, or weight is more important to concealment with pocket carry.

I wear cowboy boots with my slacks, and kinda wonder if my J frame in an ankle holster wouldn't work. Of course then I only get to buy a holster, not a whole new gun and rig!

I was just on budgunshop and they have a P3AT
    going for $234..

The LCP is what around $300..I guess not a whole
    lot of savings either way..lol

Around the same size you can have the kel tec PF-9. It has a 7+1 mag in 9mm. It's around the same price and size as the P-3AT only in a larger caliber.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

size, or weight is more important to concealment with pocket carry
    I would say size as dress slacks tend to show more than
    say denim pants etc.

I would suggest the LCP in a desantsis nemesis pocket holster. I will keep it in my back pocket on my strong side where my wallet normally is. I just move my wallet to the left side. It is not noticable at all & is very comfortable. Alot more comfortable than in the front pocket. The LCP is at max 30.00 more than the p3at & imho the fit & finish/overall quality & comfort is worth the extra cost.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTsnub View Post
    To be more clear, my question really is whether size, or weight is more important to concealment with pocket carry.
    IMHO, size is more important, followed by weight. None of the guns mentioned are heavy enough to cause problems with concealment but a large light gun is harder to hide than a smaller light gun.

Did a little digging, the Seecamp is only an ounce or two heavier than the LCP or P3AT, so now the race is size and quality. I've read many posts about the Keltec fluff and buff+break in, so that will kill any $$$ advantage it has. And it looks like the Ruger is having some teething problems, too. What quirks does the Seecamp have?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links