Defensive Carry banner

New range gun

981 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  TN_Mike 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, I went and did it. Last weekend I picked up a new S&W 60-15, 3" 357. Reminds me a bit of the old K frames. I thought I was done with 38 revolvers, but, what can I say, I love revolvers.

I've been carrying my snubbie for months now, and the Sig P232 had become a safe queen. With the price of 380 ammo, I am not shooting it much anymore, so I put it on consignment.

I happened to wander into a local shop the other weekend, and there she was, a nice new S&W 60-15. My wife and the guy behind the counter started laughing, I was so in love with it. :image035:

This morning I took it to the range. After sighting in with the first 10 rounds, I put the next three in the same whole (touching) at 7 yards. I love this thing!

The top revolver is my 637, the bottom is my new one.

See less See more
#3 ·
You are right, and I just remembered we got a camera for Christmas. Here you go Captain...

#4 ·
Congrats! :congrats:I also got the bug for another (larger) revolver for my collection...:image035:

#6 ·
I fired the soon to be mine Model 36 snubbie today at the range.
The first 40 shots into the Dot Torture targets at 21 feet and had 82% of my shots in the two inch dots.
Fluke? nope, tried again and hit 87%
Since that was so much fun I put up a standard target with a 1" bullseye and fired 60 more rounds, that one has a ragged 2 inch hole where the bullseye used to be.
I'll take a wheelie over a bottom feeder anyday:image035:

#7 ·
Way to go, nice guns... I too still love wheel guns but only use them now for hunting and target.

S&W mod 66 .357
S&W .41 mag
Iver Johnson .38

#9 ·
Model 65 one of the best

Very true Klaatue, not only does it look right, it balances beautifully. I have always thought that the 3" Model 65 was one of the best revolvers S&W ever produced. I regret the day I sold that one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.