New Sig 239!!! - Page 2

New Sig 239!!!

This is a discussion on New Sig 239!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ditto cvhoss...mine is a .40 SW and only has very tiny cal markings on the bottom of the ejection port. Nowhere else externally. I have ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Sig 239!!!

Sig P239 with C/T

Ditto cvhoss...mine is a .40 SW and only has very tiny cal markings on the bottom of the ejection port. Nowhere else externally. I have night sights on mine and I fitted it with C/T laser grips. One of the most ergonomic semi-autos around I think. The .40 is a little snappy but sight acquisition on follow up is exceptionally good without the C/T grips. The grips help my tired old eyes especially in low light. Mine had some trouble chambering the Hydroshock JHP's so I stopped using them. After trying a bunch of different ammos, I settled on Hornady XTP in 155gr mainly due to the tapered nose, flawless feeding, and exceptionally small groups. Anyway, good luck. the 239 is one of the best out there. It is now both my carry and HD firearm. Stay safe...

I see the 9mm on one side of the barrel, and Sig Sauer on the other(on the breech), but I've never seen a Sig without roll marks on the slide.
    A friend has a 239 in .40, and I always loved shooting it.
    I notice the different shape in the slides also, I think it is caliber dependent, 9's look like a mini 229 slide and .357/.40 looks like a 228. that's the only thing I can think of. The larger calibers have a little more meat on the rear of the slide, where as the 9's have less.
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

congratulations. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Congrats, I think you got yourself a great gun!
    Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

Went to the range Sunday, put 150rds through it and not a single problem!!! Used WWB and some Hornady Critical Defense 115gr FTX.
    So, it's on the way to be carried. Maybe 100 or so more and I will carry it! Being a 9mm the recoil was mild and follow up shots were quick. A great gun!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm

On the P239, the slide serrations on a 9mm only go from the bottom to half-way...the .357 and .40 calibers have the serrations that go from bottom to top.

Just a little trick I learned.

I'm debating between a P220 and P239 for my next purchase.

EW3
    My 9mm P239 DAK is one of my favorites and most carried.

IMO, 3 "Must Haves":

1. Crimson Trace Grip
    2. XS Big Dot night sights
    3. Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster

Enjoy!
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

I really like my P239 40. It has the Sig night sights, and the CT Laser grips. Mine has slide markings, but it was a CPO purchase.

1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Quote Originally Posted by tankdriver View Post
    I really like my P239 40. It has the Sig night sights, and the CT Laser grips. Mine has slide markings, but it was a CPO purchase.
    I have never seen one with CT grips. Those look nice on the gun!
    Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

Quote Originally Posted by Texan29 View Post
    I have never seen one with CT grips. Those look nice on the gun!
    I like the front switch on the grips, and they have a very good feel to them also. Here's a photo showing the laser side.

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

That is a sweet gun! I'm starting to feel left out w no makings! LOL
    I'm starting to think with all my web searching that it made it through QC and no one noticed the absence of markings.
    I might call Sig and ask about it, but I also don't think that I am bothered to much about it. Hey, it's unique!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Bunny View Post
    That is a sweet gun! I'm starting to feel left out w no makings! LOL
    I'm starting to think with all my web searching that it made it through QC and no one noticed the absence of markings.
    I might call Sig and ask about it, but I also don't think that I am bothered to much about it. Hey, it's unique!
    Could be a factory mistake, if it is would be worth a FEW bucks extra.....

First one I've seen that wasn't marked. Call Sig and ask and post back.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Just got off the phone with Scott at Sig, he said that I have one of those ultra rare Sigs!!! He stated that he has never heard of a Sig leaving the factory w/o markings on the slide.
    He asked if I wanted the markings and I told him "no", kind of unique w/o them.
    He wanted to see the pics of it, so I sent them e-mail so he could show them around to the people that matter in QC. I don't want anyone in trouble, who knows how many hands the slide went through, you know.
    I also told him that the pistol ran great at the range and that I'm a very happy camper(even w/o markings)!!!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Holger View Post
    I think you got a good deal. Two months ago I paid about $840 at a gun show for my 239 .40 two-tone w/ night sights. Included 2 mags.

Congrats on the new Sig. I've been carrying mine in a Bullard Dual Carry and it's been working out great. I did order a VM II, though. :)
    Got mine for about $750 NIB with night sights... that's when I use to live in Maryland.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links