Handgun with Light & Laser

This is a discussion on Handgun with Light & Laser within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was wondering if there are any handguns, Ie Pistols or Revolvers that you van buy with a pre-installed flashlight & Laser??? I was thinking ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Handgun with Light & Laser

Handgun with Light & Laser

I was wondering if there are any handguns, Ie Pistols or Revolvers that you van buy with a pre-installed flashlight & Laser??? I was thinking about a gun for home defense and thought that a gun & laser would be a smart addition but would prefer if it I could find a gun with all that mounted and installed.

I know the S&W 340CT comes with a laser, but I have never heard of a gun with a laser & Light installed.

Is there such a thing, if so please explain. THanks.

Pics would be great!
    Last edited by jwalker497; March 1st, 2009 at 03:54 PM.

2. Remove Ads

None that I know of...I would suggest Glock or XD with a TLR-2 (new version with C4 bulb) it is very bright with laser included.
    XD45c and G19...Because I can and this is still America at least for a little while longer.
    Food for thought - If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?
    Any mouse-flavored cat food?
    Only in America do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.

Here's my carry gun with the XML light installed. It stays on the gun at night in case any Baddies want to show up in the dark of night. The light works very well.

I do not carry the gun with the light on it though.

,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Most just have a rail, and you add what you want. My Sig P220 45 has a rail. I have a Streamlight TLR-2 that has a light and laser built into it. One shown is not mine, but shows it well.......

Last edited by tankdriver; March 1st, 2009 at 07:46 PM.
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    The SW 442 can be had with the crimson trace lasergrips installed from the factory, as can the M&P. You are paying a lot more for them though.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker497 View Post
    I was wondering if there are any handguns, Ie Pistols or Revolvers that you van buy with a pre-installed flashlight & Laser??? I was thinking about a gun for home defense and thought that a gun & laser would be a smart addition but would prefer if it I could find a gun with all that mounted and installed.

I know the S&W 340CT comes with a laser, but I have never heard of a gun with a laser & Light installed.

Pics would be great!
    I've personally become a fan of laser grips, but I don't like lights on my handguns. I prefer my light to be in my other hand.

There is a reason for that, bear with me. In most cases, when you go to check out that "bump in the night" if your light is on your gun, you have to point a loaded gun at what you want to illuminate. That's fine if you illuminate the badguy, but what if it was Grandma raiding the fridge for a late night snack?

Also, the laser grip doesn't give away your position like a light would, and allows you to maintain your grip on the weapon. You can keep the laser on and cover the laser beam with your trigger finger. To work the flashlights, on the gun, you often have to adjust your grip to turn them on/off in most, but not all cases.

Where I do like lights on guns is in breeching or barricaded positions. In the case of the homeowner this would be in the "safe room" guarding the door after a threat has already been identified. Case in point, I clear the house and in the process of doing so am shot and killed. My wife has the shotgun with the light and the door to the room she is in is locked. Anything or anyone coming through that door is getting shot unless they identify themselves first, and the light on the gun is used to verify the identity.

Just something to think about.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    I've personally become a fan of laser grips, but I don't like lights on my handguns. I prefer my light to be in my other hand.

There is a reason for that, bear with me. In most cases, when you go to check out that "bump in the night" if your light is on your gun, you have to point a loaded gun at what you want to illuminate. That's fine if you illuminate the badguy, but what if it was Grandma raiding the fridge for a late night snack?

Also, the laser grip doesn't give away your position like a light would, and allows you to maintain your grip on the weapon. You can keep the laser on and cover the laser beam with your trigger finger. To work the flashlights, on the gun, you often have to adjust your grip to turn them on/off in most, but not all cases.

Where I do like lights on guns is in breeching or barricaded positions. In the case of the homeowner this would be in the "safe room" guarding the door after a threat has already been identified. Case in point, I clear the house and in the process of doing so am shot and killed. My wife has the shotgun with the light and the door to the room she is in is locked. Anything or anyone coming through that door is getting shot unless they identify themselves first, and the light on the gun is used to verify the identity.

Just something to think about.

Biker
    Excellent post. That's why I dig this forum...always something new that I had never thought about.

ON LASER GRIPS

I will NOT be without one.

I have a laser grip on my .45, it is my primary home defense gun, together with a Borealis 1050 lumens flashlight.

After the alarm sounded...
    My tactic is to get to the bedroom door and from there control the passage way and the living room, with the body protected by the frame and with only my half face exposed, one hand holding the pistol and the other hand the Borealis flashlight.

With a laser is not need to line up your face with the pistol, no tunnel vision, no exposing body parts to get into a shooting position.
    If you are going to have a gunfight, this is the best way!

This, for me is the most valuable feature of the laser.

The flashlight with the 1050 lumens (two millions candlepower) will cook the eyes of an intruder.

Colt .45 with laser grips and the Borealis 1050 lumens flashlight.

Cheers

Black Bear
    Builder of the BOREALIS 1050 lumens flashlight

and www.blackbearflashlights.com

E-Mail admin@blackbearflashlights.com

I also have one in my carry gun, a Smith & Wesson Chief Special,

Best thing since sliced bread!

All the best
    Black Bear
    Builder of the BOREALIS 1050 lumens flashlight

and www.blackbearflashlights.com

E-Mail admin@blackbearflashlights.com

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post

This!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jwalker497 View Post

Pics would be great!
    There are many types laser sights. Two of the most popular are Crimson Trace Grips and Laser Max.

Green laser sights are also becoming much more popular since the are easier to see.

Laser grips for some guns add to the width of the grip, not good. For this reason I usually look to LaserMax although they have not developed a laser for every gun and may never.

Kimber has a series of 1911's that are fitted with Crimson Grips.

My preference would be Laser Max instead.

Any gunsmith at the store where you purchase your gun can install a laser in a few minutes.

As for lights, I don't want to show myself so I won't use them.

Lasers are not an end all solution either except for point shooting.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

I tend to prefer the Crimson trace over the Laser Max. The CT does not affect the mechanics of the gun and the LM replaces the guide rod a critical part that if it fails you could find youself in deep do do.

My one snubbie has laser grips installed. It's the only piece with a grip mounted laser. I've tried them on Glocks and 1911s and my high thumb hold coupled with being left handed doesn't allow the use of a laser. All I do is paint my thumb.

My nightstand gun is a Nighthawk GRP Recon with a Surefire X300 mounted on the rail. In my particular situation, if it goes bump in the night, and it's humanoid shaped, it's getting covered. No grandma, no kids in the house. IF it ain't me or the wife, it's going to see the business end of a 1911 or a AR15
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

RE: original post, I have never heard of anyone selling a new gun with a light mounted already - If you find one let us all know! I prefer Crimson Trace and a Streamlight TLR myself.... Its better to have a flashlight and not need it than need it and not have it - particularly with dedicated home defense guns. Carry guns can be a different monster.

My .02
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Both of my carry guns (signature) have Crimson Trace grips. I had them installed after I puchased them.
    Nick
    Glock 19 /CT Laser
    Glock 26 /CT Laser
    Kel Tec P3AT .380/CT Laser

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links