Forgive me, I have sinned or it followed me home from gun show - Page 2

Forgive me, I have sinned or it followed me home from gun show

This is a discussion on Forgive me, I have sinned or it followed me home from gun show within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by czman2006 Took it apart and reassembled it a couple of times last night, piece of cake! But I can put a .357 ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forgive me, I have sinned or it followed me home from gun show

Quote Originally Posted by czman2006
    Took it apart and reassembled it a couple of times last night, piece of cake! But I can put a .357 mag barrel in this? Will I need new mags?
    Yes to the barrel no to the mags

You can go stock glock barrel or EFK fire Dragon barrel

Or KKM

Thanks, Bud White, for the info but what does KKM stand for? Forgive my ignorance! BTW, I loved the 10 John Brownings thing!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    KKM is a barrel manufacturer. You can also pick up a 9mm conversion barrel and a couple of 9mm mags and have a choice of three different calibers.
    BTW Congratulations I have two Glocks a 22 and 37 and enjoy both.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

http://www.kkmprecision.com/

Barrel maker little more pricey than EFK or Glock but good barrel not as good as Bar sto which is really$$$$$

Thanks for the info about the barrels and all the support. I now have 10 handguns and have taken advanced safety/shooting courses and have my CCW permit but I'm just learning about ballistics and such. Nice to have such a wealth of knowledge here folks are willing to share.

I try to share as much of my knowledge as i can even as small as it is

Congrats on your G23! I have 3 Glocks, all .40 caliber, and have come to really appreciate everything about them. Best wishes!
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them."
    George Mason

"Gun control is a job-safety program for criminals."
    John R. Lott

Just got to shoot it this afternoon! One FTE out of 100 rounds and I'm positive that was my fault (limp wristing). Second mag of 12 rounds of Wally World white box, at 15 yds put 9 out of 12 in red! Bought a decent CQC IWB for it and plan on ordering one from K&D.
    While I was there, I bought a Taurus 85 .38 Ultralite to use as a pocket pistol, one more holster for Kevin! Thanks for the replies, I guess Glocks do live up to their reputation!

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Bar-sto is the way to go for competition bbl....
    also, you may find a factory GLOCK bbl used in 357 Sig for a decent price...
    Just as an aside -- my G32 came with G23 mags, they both are labeled .40
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

glocks rock

Quote Originally Posted by czman2006
    Went to gun show this morning and sinned! Me, czman, looking for a CZ-75B Compact .40 and not finding one came home with --- A GLOCK 23! My first Glock -- and I LIKE IT!!! Haven't shot it yet, have to practice disassembly/assembly and get familiar with it but it really looks and feels great in my hand. Now if only I could actually get 13 rounds in the mags instead of only 12. Anyone else have that problem or is it just me? Going to the range Monday!
    GLocks are addictive, Once you get used to the trigger pull your in big trouble.
    If its not loaded it just a paper weight!

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dimmak
    Congrats....
    I Have 4 GLOCKS, 37, 33 ,32 and 30....
    as stated above the mags will break in, my G32 mags will both hold 14 (go figure...)
    as for as field stripping and reassembly just follow your manual and you'll find it's a breeze....
    they're ugly and utilitarian, but hard to beat as far a reliability is concerned.....
    And got no soul, I just keep getting more 1911's.

I agree with the no soul part. 1911s, Browning HiPowers and Sigs are about the only autos I consider to have a soul. Revolvers are a different story. But I still love my GLOCK 26, it holds a special place in my heart. GLOCKs fill their niche so well there is no room for competition in my book. A GLOCK 17 or 19 will be my next purchase for sure. As a carry gun they are perfect for me. That being said I can't wait until I can get my own 1911.

Senior Moderator
    Somebody describe how a gun has "soul"???

Describe what a subcompact's dimensions are or what constitutes a carbine and I'll describe what gives a gun "soul".

For that matter quantify objectively what makes for good music or if a woman looks better with short or long hair.

I know what you're saying though Tangle and truthfully if any inanimate object has "soul" it's because the owner has decided it is so.

My XD for instance has no soul. It's a wonderful gun, but I've no particular attachments to mine save for the fact I know they'll go bang every time. It's just another gun off the assembly line though.

The Detective Special? It's got soul. It's a classic from a bygone era. They really do not make them like that any more and never will again.

This is ultimately subjective of course, but the funny thing is that it's widely perceived. I doubt anyone would disagree with my example.

And it's not that a gun needs this subjective quality to be any good. I personally want my main carry guns to be rather soulless.

You'll know it when you see it.

Senior Moderator
    Sounds more like affection for an inanimate object than soul. Kinda like soul is in the eyes of the beholder?

I once asked a guy I respected if he thought computers could think. His reply was right on - "I think that thinking is unique to a human being. A machine can only slightly emulate that process."

I guess that's how I see soul. It's a innate human thing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links