Forgive me, I have sinned or it followed me home from gun show - Page 3

Forgive me, I have sinned or it followed me home from gun show

This is a discussion on Forgive me, I have sinned or it followed me home from gun show within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ''Soul" Ron is I think a convenient euphemism - which may be better described perhaps as simply ''character''! Certainly just something perceived by the owner. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Assistant Administrator
    ''Soul" Ron is I think a convenient euphemism - which may be better described perhaps as simply ''character''! Certainly just something perceived by the owner.

Older pieces, and certainly ones with history can I think be imbued with this - if only because we know that the gun has been in perhaps many hands and travelled etc. It has ''matured''!

Very new and modern guns with less than pretty appearance - in particular when bought new, have not had time to soak up any history!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Moderator
    I understand character; I see that in guns, and yet one person's character is another's beat up old gun. It's in the eyes of the beholder.

But to claim one gun has soul and another doesn't begs for a definition even if it's simply "that's just the way I feel about it", which is probably a very true statement.

The same thing true of character would seem to be true of soul - the notion that Glocks can't have soul, but a Sig can. Why is that? I bet there's bunches of people that would strongly contest that claim.

No soul For any plastic guns only steel can have soul and preferably blue steel

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    The same thing true of character would seem to be true of soul - the notion that Glocks can't have soul, but a Sig can. Why is that? I bet there's bunches of people that would strongly contest that claim.
    But that's just it... there aren't bunches of people that would...

What's weird is that it's like some kind of meme... although subjective and personal what has "soul" and what doesn't seems to be almost universal.

However it's completely irrelevant to anything really.

Yes it doesn't really matter at all. I define "soul" as character and no most people don't consider any plastic gun to have a "soul". I love my GLOCK 26 and I'm sure any LEO or anyone that has carried a GLOCK into combat will certainly have fond memories and respect for the gun. But I'd be willing to bet that none of them will say that it has a "soul". If my GLOCK is lost/stolen/broken any other GLOCK of the same model can fill right in and I won't feel any different, save the fact that I had to spend another $500 for another gun.

I feel this way -- if I trust it to protect me and my loved ones, it has purpose. It may not be the prettiest or the classiest or have the history of some other guns but my loved ones have soul, not any man made object. Now, character, that's a different story.
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by czman2006
    I feel this way -- if I trust it to protect me and my loved ones, it has purpose. It may not be the prettiest or the classiest or have the history of some other guns but my loved ones have soul, not any man made object. Now, character, that's a different story.
    My thoughts exactly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links