P228 And Carry Ability

P228 And Carry Ability

This is a discussion on P228 And Carry Ability within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; is carribility a word? LOL anyways I'm in love with the sigs, and I might trade my USP for it as I said in my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: P228 And Carry Ability

P228 And Carry Ability

is carribility a word? LOL

anyways

I'm in love with the sigs, and I might trade my USP for it as I said in my other thread....

I want to have something I can conceal nicely. I'm assuming the 228 is the size of a USPc...

people who carry the 228, how does it work out with just a shirt hanging over it? how about when you tuck the shirt in with a tuckable holster?

overall, how do you like it? I assume its a great weapon, and would look nice next to my 226 :)

It'd be a perfect 9mm.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Lead Moderator
    The 228/229 size is a good choice, the only thing smaller in it's (SIG) class would be the 239.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    The 228/229 size is a good choice, the only thing smaller in it's (SIG) class would be the 239.
    I would prefer to keep a min of 10 rounds

also, i sort of like the way 228/229 looks compared to a 239

I will most likely have a 239 eventually as well. but I rather a 228 for now.

Administrator
    I'm the self appointed President of the 228 fan club, and I agree that its the best 9mm double ever made... but to answer the question asked honestly, I have to say there are other midsized guns that carry better. If you are thin or average build, the 228 will carry just fine IWB. If you are a bit overweight, it will be uncomfortable.
    Drgnfly likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    If Sixto already has laid claim to the president, I am the VP of the 228 fan club. I want one bad. I have a 229 in .40 right now, and if I were to ever own a 9mm, it would be the 228. I'm average build and my 229 conceals pretty well IWB. It's not the thinnest gun, but its not hard to hide.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I carried a 228 in a VM-II and it is an awesome gun and carry piece. I since have been converted to Glock; however, I would not feel outgunned, or inadequate carrying a 228 again by any means.

PS word on the street is SIG is re-releasing the 228's, and they also added a 228R (rail) to the fray.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Sig P228 was my very first handgun, and it's still one of my most favorite and accurate handguns. I don't find it hard to conceal with a good IWB holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    PS word on the street is SIG is re-releasing the 228's, and they also added a 228R (rail) to the fray.
    they're already out, about 800-900 bux....

Well since President and Vice President are taken I guess I could be the Speaker of the House. I own four Sigs. If I could only keep one it would be the P228. My first was a P226 that I thought felt perfect in my hand. Then I held the P228.
    As far as carrying goes, I am in Texas. Not a lot of jacket weather here. I have pancakes, paddles, and IWB, but no tuckables.
    As far as comfort goes, I could lose a few pounds. Like maybe seventy or more. The only comfort issue I have had is with my reloads. The weapon doesn't poke me but the back corners of the magazines do gouge me a bit.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I'm the self appointed President of the 228 fan club, and I agree that its the best 9mm double ever made... but to answer the question asked honestly, I have to say there are other midsized guns that carry better. If you are thin or average build, the 228 will carry just fine IWB. If you are a bit overweight, it will be uncomfortable.
    I represent that remark.... I am 6'3" and 285 lbs. I ride my p228 pretty comfortably. LOL JK. I carry in a Mitch Rosen Premier snap on or a Galco Summer Special. It conceals well for me, just gotta find that sweet spot to carry. I definitely am a fan. I just found my G23 first and my dept authorizes G22, 23 and 27. So my p228 is my off duty something different gun. I have shot it and the p229, and Sixto is right, the 228 is a better gun.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    I would prefer to keep a min of 10 rounds

also, i sort of like the way 228/229 looks compared to a 239

I will most likely have a 239 eventually as well. but I rather a 228 for now.
    My favorite line about SIGs is they are like potato chips, you can't have just one, so you will probably will have a 239 some day.

As to the 10 rounds, SIG does make a 10 round mag for the 239, but in my opinion it defeats the purpose of the weapon. I have a couple of them and wouldn't use them for carry, I do take them to the range though.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Administrator
    About my weight remarks... I said that because when I was in an undercover role, I gained about 30#'s. An in shape hillbilly meth dealer doesn't play off to well.

Anyway, I noticed with the extra weight, my 228 dug into my blubber making it uncomfortable to carry, so I switched to a G23. Using the same model holster, the G23 was much more comfortable. Now that I'm back down to a my normal weight (185-90#), I can carry the 228 without a problem again and all is right with the world.
    Last edited by SIXTO; March 3rd, 2009 at 02:28 PM. Reason: fixed a typo
    "Just blame Sixto"

Yeah I know it was all meant the right way just had to rib ya about it. I do agree that the p228 pokes me in places that my G23 doesn't but that 228 is a a nicely balanced gun. My G23 is just that special place in my heart gun. HAHA

My weight is well distributed and most don't think I am that heavy. The only one's who know are the scale at the gym, and my poor knees.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    My favorite line about SIGs is they are like potato chips, you can't have just one, so you will probably will have a 239 some day.

As to the 10 rounds, SIG does make a 10 round mag for the 239, but in my opinion it defeats the purpose of the weapon. I have a couple of them and wouldn't use them for carry, I do take them to the range though.
    yeah it would, its just the single stack...

still in the air for this UGH

trade my USP for an older P228 HMMMMM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links