Sent off the Hi-power today

This is a discussion on Sent off the Hi-power today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; yep My first Hi-power...havent even fired it yet..sent it off to Heirloom Precision..I scored this puppy with the help of my fellow ccw forumites and ...

yep My first Hi-power...havent even fired it yet..sent it off to Heirloom Precision..I scored this puppy with the help of my fellow ccw forumites and the heads up from Jason down at Heirloom...seems it was the very gun that Jason himself was trying to land..its a practical, going to have the SRT package done . Im going with 40 Lpi checkering Vs stippling.I want it blued VS hard chromed . I am unsure of sights...I want a big honking front site. Ill talk to Jason more, but, it would be cool to hear what any of you Hi- power fans would have done...I orderd a IWB and a DDO Elite belt holster from TT gunleather , combo flashlight, mag holder, all in medium brown trimmed in shark...got 500 rounds of gold dot and on the hunt for more...I miss anything? haha...beltman horsehide 1.5 belt..orderd...

I would like to thank everybody who participates here.It was this forum and the people on it that clued me in on where to find any and all of this high quality gear and from getting the gun to talking to Jason and the fine gentleman at TT gunleather...its been a great expierence and got to touch base with some great poeple..-Motor

An Heirloom Precision worked over Hi-Power aught to be a heck of a first high power. Be sure to post pictures once you get it back.
    God, country, family.

There's only one Big Honking Front Sight... XS Big Dot tritium 24/7's I have them on my XD9 and will add them to more guns.

The human eye can align a vertical sight picture faster than a horizontal sight alignment as in the traditional 3 dot sights.

The Big Dots give you a single tritium post in the center of the rear sight and a Big Honking Tritium Dot on the front sight. (actually it's a tritium dot surrounded by a thick white ring to allow for daylight shooting as well)

Just "dot the i" and you're in business. In all practical matters at combat distances, just put the friggon Dot on target and your good!

Check out their website here. Don't forget to see their demo videos. They do have a set for the Browning MKIII Hi Power. If they are not specifically for your particular Hi-Power... a smith can custom fit them.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I like the Trijicon Yellow Rear/Green Front for my Hi Power. I also have CT Laser Grips on mine.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    I like the Trijicon Yellow Rear/Green Front for my Hi Power. I also have CT Laser Grips on mine.

Biker
    +1 BikerRN I believe if you have traditional 3 dot sights that the contrasting colors is the only way to go!

Unfortunately my Glock has all green tritiums and in low light often found my front sight either left or right of both the rear sights instead of in the middle which really slowed things down.

I was going to go with a green/yellow set up on my new XD last year but after doing some research I decided to give the Big Dots a whirl. And I really love them now.

Still, I would not have any qualms with a 3 dot sight using the contrasting colors but never again will I get all three tritium vials the same color.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Still, I would not have any qualms with a 3 dot sight using the contrasting colors but never again will I get all three tritium vials the same color.
    Me niether.

Biker

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by motorhed66 View Post
    ...I miss anything?
    MAGS!

I favor the 15rd Mecgar mags in nickel, best prices I found on them were from Arizona Gun Runners.

I favor the nickel for a few reasons:
    1: They drop from the gun VERY well.
    2: If you fumble a mag change the fallen mag is easy to spot
    3: The nickel draws very smooth from the mag carrier.

Just be forewarned, the floor plates on most HP mags I've come across are edgy and you might want to break the corners with a fie.

Hello from a former IAwegian (Marshalltown)...Mags, Ive been thinking about mags...the pistol came with 11, 13 rounders. Some with bumper pads ,some not. 2 different makers ,all black .All look to be good quality.Ive read that one should stay with mec-gars and I was wondering about the 15 rounders and their track record. ive been haunting some Hi-power forums and trying to glean as much info about the platform as possible, and I dont see much written about magazines.. I have seen much more to do about 1911 mags and what works best for a fighting/ selfdefense .45....the Hi- Power mags way less problematic?

JD
    Administrator
    Well it looks like you've got mags covered. I haven't had any issues with the MecGar mags, but I haven't ran my HP all that much.

I work in Marshalltown, living in Conrad.

What I would give for a Maidrite rightabout now!

MAIDRITE..... now there's a sandwich I haven't heard mentioned in ages! Getting out my paper napkins now! Yummmy!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

Links