Lasermax for my EDC

Lasermax for my EDC

This is a discussion on Lasermax for my EDC within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It looks like the Lasermax is the best/only choice for my Glock G36. Has anyone heard of these losing their zero over time?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lasermax for my EDC

It looks like the Lasermax is the best/only choice for my Glock G36. Has anyone heard of these losing their zero over time?
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

Well I put the lasermax into my G32 and had problems with it. It caused occasionally the slide to not fully go fully forward after firing (the tip of the rod is of different material from the rest of the rod and it was causing snags even with lube).

Eventually the washer thing at the end that holds the spring in place broke and I just decided not to replace it. While the laser was very accurate and neat it was not worth making the gun unreliable for SD carry.

One last note is that the slide lock spring that comes (and is necessary) with lasermax is MUCH to strong. I could no longer disassemble my glock in normal fashion after I installed it (only my thumbs were strong enough to push the lock down on each side, where I had no problems with glock spring).

I've also been looking for a laser/light combo for my G36 but haven't found anything becuase it doesnt have a rail. I was wondering if one can one be attached to the trigger guard?? If possible, how secure would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by kdydak View Post
    Well I put the lasermax into my G32 and had problems with it. It caused occasionally the slide to not fully go fully forward after firing (the tip of the rod is of different material from the rest of the rod and it was causing snags even with lube).

Eventually the washer thing at the end that holds the spring in place broke and I just decided not to replace it. While the laser was very accurate and neat it was not worth making the gun unreliable for SD carry.

One last note is that the slide lock spring that comes (and is necessary) with lasermax is MUCH to strong. I could no longer disassemble my glock in normal fashion after I installed it (only my thumbs were strong enough to push the lock down on each side, where I had no problems with glock spring).
    This is the first I've heard of this problem. Have you contacted Lasermax? I heard they have very good customer service.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonabq View Post
    This is the first I've heard of this problem. Have you contacted Lasermax? I heard they have very good customer service.
    I have a lasermax on both my G27 and G 29 and they have functioned flawlessly also. I echo the above statement. Contact Lasermax, they should make things right for you!
    Current handguns: Glock models 19, 22C, 23, 27, 29, & 36; Kimber Pro CDP and Polymer Custom; Kahr PM9 & CW9; S&W models 6906, 386PD, 66; Taurus 85 Ultralite Ti; Browning Buckmark;

Former handguns: S&W 4"686, 4" 620 & Sigma .380, Taurus 617 Ti, Kimber Pro Eclipse, Walther P22, Glock 30 & 33.

Sponsor

I prefer to keep my Glock-36 stock, except for Trijicon night sights. In a true parking lot SD situation, I see no use for a CT insert...OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    I have a LaserMax in my G36. It is "dead on the money" at all realistic self-defense distances.
    It has caused no function problems at all.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm afraid this is not an option as it negates pretty much all holster choices.
    Jeff
    NRA Member

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jwalker497 View Post
    I've also been looking for a laser/light combo for my G36 but haven't found anything becuase it doesnt have a rail. I was wondering if one can one be attached to the trigger guard?? If possible, how secure would it be?
    Streamlight makes or at least made adapters for non railed guns. It clamps to the front of the trigger guard and extends a floating rail out under the dust cover. The problem is they are very scarce and you will have to beg and plead with streamlight to get one.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sponsor
    Crossbreed & Highnoon make holsters for g36 with crimson trace laser Lg-436

Quote Originally Posted by theis View Post
    Really? Is is a special order?
    Jeff
    NRA Member

i have the lasermax in my g36. no problems whatsoever

I use a lasermax on my G27. Works perfectly.
    ~ Randy W. -- G27 & LCP

" If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?" Sen. Jesse Helms

Quote Originally Posted by theis View Post
    I'm afraid I got an email back from Crossbreed stating that they don't "at this time" make a super-tuck for a G36 with the LG-436.

But I did find that Fist does.

No offense to you guys with LaserMax (I may still get one) but I do not want to have to add another step to the "draw and present" process if I don't have to. I'm still looking into this.
    Last edited by johnsonabq; March 30th, 2009 at 02:09 PM.
    Jeff
    NRA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links