Sig 226 vs. Glock 19

This is a discussion on Sig 226 vs. Glock 19 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Alright, seriously... this is the last time. I got to see an FNP-9 today. Fairly impressed, but not impressed enough. Maybe down the road I'll ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig 226 vs. Glock 19

Sig 226 vs. Glock 19

Alright, seriously... this is the last time.

I got to see an FNP-9 today. Fairly impressed, but not impressed enough. Maybe down the road I'll get one. But right now, I need no doubts at all in my next gun....none.

So...Sig 226 or G-19

I hate decisions.
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

2. Remove Ads

I have the P226 with beavertail, night sights, SRT and short trigger. You couldn't give me the Glock if it was free in exchange.

Not hatin' on Glocks, just love my Sig and its tack-driving abilities.

BTW i found a used one for $499...

good deal,

bad deal,

?
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    -Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    A used P226? That seems like a very good price on a newer model P226, and certainly a fair price on even a heavily used one.

I am a SIG-o-phile, and Glocks do nothing for me, but I would say in this case it comes down to what feels best in your hand. Both are exceptionally reliable. The new 20-rd mags and SCT grips make me appreciate my P226 all over again.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Well you will see a pretty noticeable difference in concealability. One is a full size gun the other is a mid sized compact. There also will be a difference in weight. The p226 is a world class gun and will serve you well...but as a CCW you would probably be better served with the g19, or if you have to go to a comparable Sig look at a p228 or a p229...I personally recommend the p228. There are still several new and slightly used p228 out there.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Not worried one bit about "CCWability" i have a Kel Tec PF-9 that i use for that.

This would be a winter carry and target gun.
    -Mark Twain

Cant go wrong with a P226!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Favor Glock for carry

I have both a Glock 19 and a Sig P226 in 9mm. Each has a 15 round magazine but the Sig is a much larger and heavier gun than the Glock. I actually consider the P226 as too large for concealed carry, while the Glock 19 is a good size for CCW. And perhaps this is just me, but I can shoot the Glock better than the Sig, based on a lot of targets and practice sessions.

So I would much prefer the Glock for carry and maybe even range use, compared to the P226.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Get the Sig...
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by rmxer85 View Post
    Not worried one bit about "CCWability" i have a Kel Tec PF-9 that i use for that.

This would be a winter carry and target gun.
    Given that statement, I don't think the Glock even needs to be considered. Grab the 226 and be very, very happy you did!

Administrator
    Stop posting and starting buying... A 226 for 499. isnt going to last long.
    "Just blame Sixto"

OK given those conditions...by all means get the 226, and God Speed.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I would take the sig over the glock... Perhaps a 229 or something around that size... I carry a P220 from time to time and I have found sigs to not only be lazer accurate but very reliable. I have shot glocks over the years but I don't like the trigger safty system and a I prefer an all metal gun.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

I'm a Sig nut, too, but I have nothing against the Glocks--especially the 19. Both the P series Sigs and the Glocks are great platforms, time proven over and over. I sometimes carry my P226 and more often my P220. With a VMII or a good pancake OWB holster, the "full-size" Sigs (which, are not much different than a Commander size 1911) are not all that difficult to conceal-especially in cooler weather. The P226 is roughly 30 ozs. empty. 16 rounds of ammo ups the ante a bit weight wise.

So far as accuracy is concerned, the 226 is pretty hard to beat. It's my preferred gun for IDPA. I like the 226 enough that I just picked up a railed version to go with my German gun. After getting my first P series pistol (P245) a few years ago, I traded my Kimber 1911 for a used P220 and have never looked back. I'm up to four P series Sigs now and I don't miss the 1911.

PC

Check out Bud's Gun Shop online--they had some CPO P226s at a very good price!
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links