Brought PM9 Back To My Dealer

Brought PM9 Back To My Dealer

This is a discussion on Brought PM9 Back To My Dealer within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've talked to Kahr and replaced the slide stop and it's spring but the pistol still has problems locking back when the last round is ...

Thread: Brought PM9 Back To My Dealer

Angry Brought PM9 Back To My Dealer

I've talked to Kahr and replaced the slide stop and it's spring but the pistol still has problems locking back when the last round is fired. This is an intermittent problem with all 5 of my mags. Intermittent when held with both hands and it never locks back with one hand. Tightening my grip helps somewhat but then I start pulling my shots off mark. I don't think it's limpwristing as I have no such issues with my G36 and that's a small .45.

Anyway, they have it and will see what they can do and will send back to Kahr if need be. Oh, and it's got about 700 rounds through it so it's well broken in.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

Administrator
    My money is on your grip... your thumb is probably resting on the stop, its a very common problem with the micro guns.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonabq View Post
    ...........Intermittent when held with both hands and it never locks back with one hand............
    I really think Sixto is right and you've already diagnosed your problem. I'll be very surprised if they find anything wrong with the gun or it would be locking back regardless of whether you were using a one or two hand hold.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

If it is your grip you can put a slip on rubber grip on
    it and that may help you reposition your hand and
    keep you from holding it that way.
    It will also help you hang onto it when fired
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    My money is on your grip... your thumb is probably resting on the stop, its a very common problem with the micro guns.
    Hmmm... I've put on a Hogue Handall Jr. and have been making sure that my thumb is not touching the slide stop. I've been holding the thumb up high to keep it out of the way. If I keep it below the slide stop then I hit the mag drop.

We'll see if this issue happens with the dealer armorer. If he can't recreate it then it must be me. And have to deal with it.

I have to admit there have been no problems with FTE, FTF, stovepipe, etc... Other than the slide locking back the gun performs great!

Thanks guys,
    Last edited by johnsonabq; March 4th, 2009 at 02:41 PM.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

Links