Walther P99c 40 sw Or one of the others

This is a discussion on Walther P99c 40 sw Or one of the others within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First off let me say hello on my first post. I have been away from guns for a while still have some just haven't been ...

Thread: Walther P99c 40 sw Or one of the others

Walther P99c 40 sw Or one of the others

First off let me say hello on my first post. I have been away from guns for a while still have some just haven't been looking for a long time. Went to gun store today looked at S&W MP compact, Walther 99c, Glock 27, I really liked the way the Walther fit my hand and I like the idea of DA/SA as this is what I always carried in the past S&W stainless 469 which I will probably trade in or sell outright. Just wondering how many have the Walther and if you looked at the others first and why you chose the Walther and on the other side how many looked at them and chose something else over the Walther and why did you not buy it. I think I will go for the 40s&w over the 9 just for the bigger lead. I don't shoot all that much just want for personal protection. Thanks for any info.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    I would go to the range and rent what your interested in. See what fits your hand and if you like how it shoots. I personally have an M&P 9c and it fits me to a tee.

On another note, if you can avoid it, do not trade the gun in, if you need the funds, out right sell it, you will get next to nothing trading it in.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by justherenow View Post
    I would go to the range and rent what your interested in. See what fits your hand and if you like how it shoots. I personally have an M&P 9c and it fits me to a tee.

On another note, if you can avoid it, do not trade the gun in, if you need the funds, out right sell it, you will get next to nothing trading it in.
    Is there a site that gives a reasonable price listing for used guns. I went to Gun Broker.com but couldn't find a stainless model for comparison.

VIP Member

99c

Quote Originally Posted by bobk8762 View Post
    First off let me say hello on my first post. I have been away from guns for a while still have some just haven't been looking for a long time. Went to gun store today looked at S&W MP compact, Walther 99c
    I don't have the Walther, but I do have the S&W 99c .40 which I think is the same.

I very much like the DA/SA trigger, I am now a big fan of the decocker, and I like the feel of the gun in my hand, and the size.

I have had trouble with muzzle flip with this gun. It is probably my rather small arms and weak wrist are contributing to the muzzle tilt. So, were I to do it over, I'd be looking at a 9mm.

I have shot other guns in .40, the Glock 27 and a Sig. And I have shot some in .45. None gave me the muzzle tilt issues I've experienced with this particular model.

So, I think it is a great gun that will serve you well, but you should check it out at the range if at all possible to make sure you can handle it. It is just a tad too light for my taste.

Oh, I did have one recoil spring and assembly break. While S&W replaced it, it took about 9 months. That would be a consideration were I looking to buy another gun.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I had a Walther P99c QA in 9mm that I liked very much. It was accurate, easy to control, concealable and perfectly reliable. It lost out in my own personal carry competition to a HK P2000sk, but just barely... and that is high praise indeed. Well worth owning and well worth carrying, that is, if you don't carry the HK.

I rate the Walther as one of the best CCWs available today.

I Had a walther p990 in .40sw and sold it. I tried every back strap that came with the gun and it just didn't shoot right. I loved the feel but i seemed to torq it every shot. It was me cause i sold it to a good friend one day while we was at the range. He shoots it like it was made for him. I loved the gun but i was better off throwing it at someone than shooting it at them.

Links