One step closer to my new gun.

This is a discussion on One step closer to my new gun. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; thanks to suggestions by many of you I borrowed my buddy's Sig Sauer P229 and shot it today. I fired 100 rounds 180 gr .40 ...

Thread: One step closer to my new gun.

One step closer to my new gun.

thanks to suggestions by many of you I borrowed my buddy's Sig Sauer P229 and shot it today.

I fired 100 rounds 180 gr .40 caliber FMJ.

My first 24 rounds were a 12 round mag slow fire, single action at 5 yards. All hits were within a baseball sized group (except for one low floater) The second 12 round mag was as fast as I could pull the trigger at 5 yards again. Every round was in the "A" zone.

Next 24 rounds were head shots at 5 meters. 12 rounds slow fire, all but two in the "A" zone. Second mag in the head was rapid fire - all rounds either in the "A" zone or with in half an inch out.

Third set of 24 was fail to stop drills at 7 yards. EVERY SHOT FROM BOTH MAGS WAS IN THE "A" ZONE

4th set of 24 was slow fire at 2" red dots on the paper at 10 yards. Base ball sized groups around both red dots.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am very very impressed with the performance of this weapon. The trigger pull on double action was not quite as comfortable for my short fingers as I would have liked it to be, but still very accurate. Balance was very good, the extra weight felt comforting in my hands, very dependable feeling from shot 1 through 100.

The slide runs on the Sig much differently than my XDm .40 or my Glock 22. It seemed snappier yet smoother - I felt the recoil much less, and my sights were on target before my eyes could focus again on the front sight.

The grip felt very natural, and even though it is actually thicker than my Glock's it felt more comfortable in my hand. The factory plastic grips weren't the same kind of quality that was evident on the rest of the gun - they were obviously two pieces and shifted slightly when my grip tightened. I think that the wood grips on the P229 Elite that I want to buy will address that problem.

All in all I had a great first experience with Sig Sauer. It is certainly a nail driver, point of aim was the exact point of impact. I am very excited to contact SigArms about my next purchase.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

2. Remove Ads

Sent in the paper work to Sig today. Expect to have my new baby by the end of April!

Grats =)

VIP Member
    usmc,
    Once you get your new gun, go to Sig's home page and check this out:

Military / Federal Government -> Individual Officers

You may qualify for the $100. rebate.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc3169 View Post
    Sent in the paper work to Sig today. Expect to have my new baby by the end of April!
    "...paper work to Sig...".

Help me understand how you're buying this pistol...never heard of having to send papers to the manufacturer!?
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Jimmy, SigArms has special pricing for LE to purchase a duty weapon, but you must submit certain paperwork showing that the weapon will in fact be used on duty.

Archer, I have the link saved in my favorites... but from what I read it only applies to active military, retired military and federal LE. Doesn't mean I cant try!

VIP Member
    You will love your new gun! Sigs are THE BEST!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

They were doing this 100 rebate thing last year for ALL public safety personnel if I remember correctly up to 12/31/08. Now just Feds...that sucks.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usmc3169 View Post
    Jimmy, SigArms has special pricing for LE to purchase a duty weapon, but you must submit certain paperwork showing that the weapon will in fact be used on duty.

Archer, I have the link saved in my favorites... but from what I read it only applies to active military, retired military and federal LE. Doesn't mean I cant try!
    Sounds like your buying through their direct purchase program, in which case it probably doesn't apply.

Cannot be combined with any other offer. Applies to purchases made from authorized dealers only. Factory direct purchases do not qualify.

Links