SIG 220 vs. 220 Carry?

SIG 220 vs. 220 Carry?

This is a discussion on SIG 220 vs. 220 Carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well it looks like Im not gonna be getting my 220 Carry SAS It seems as though my dealer fell through on ordering it. I ...

Thread: SIG 220 vs. 220 Carry?

SIG 220 vs. 220 Carry?

Well it looks like Im not gonna be getting my 220 Carry SAS It seems as though my dealer fell through on ordering it. I cant get any answers from him, and now Im waiting on Sig's reply to see if the guy ever even ordered it. His employee said that if I wanted to I could cancel and get my money back, but I wanna hear from Sig first.

Anyhow, (enough complaining) I cant find a single 220 Carry anywhere around here, but I spoke to a couple of dealers over the phone and they do have full size 220's. Seeing that the 220 is only a little more than 1/2" longer would it really make a difference? The grip and everything else seems to be the same dimensions. Has anyone here had both? Or has anyone carried the full size 220? Keep in mind Im 5' 8-10" and like 140 pounds or so. Thanks!
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Hi,

Your best bet would be to look at guns with like dimensions and see how the differences add up. For me the biggest challenge in concealing my weapon is that the grip is very large (stoeger cougar, about 5 and a half inches). The length of the barrel isn't much of a problem for me. If the differnece is mainly in the grip, you may want to check things out in a store. I believe sig website lists the dimensions of all the guns, so try and compare to like sized weapons.

good luck!

p

I actually have been carrying the 220 Carry (220C) lately without issue (holding onto one for a friend till he gets his license). Granted, right now the weather dictates heavy clothing. I just wasnt sure if I was missing something. I see a lot of people carry the 220C but many think the 220 is too big.
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    Well it looks like Im not gonna be getting my 220 Carry SAS It seems as though my dealer fell through on ordering it. I cant get any answers from him, and now Im waiting on Sig's reply to see if the guy ever even ordered it. His employee said that if I wanted to I could cancel and get my money back, but I wanna hear from Sig first.

Anyhow, (enough complaining) I cant find a single 220 Carry anywhere around here, but I spoke to a couple of dealers over the phone and they do have full size 220's. Seeing that the 220 is only a little more than 1/2" longer would it really make a difference? The grip and everything else seems to be the same dimensions. Has anyone here had both? Or has anyone carried the full size 220? Keep in mind Im 5' 8-10" and like 140 pounds or so. Thanks!

I own and carry the full sized 220Railed... never had any issues covering it or dressing around it and I am a little taller than you and 20 lbs heavier. I have over 1000 rounds through it and it's never had a problem, damn reliable and accurate... I use an OWB holster from Fobus now (not using the IWB Galco holser much) and wear my long sleved shirt out with a jacket in this cooler weather, I haved packed it during summer times as well, and I always wear my shirt out... but obviously it's harder to conceal than my S&W snub (my 24/7 CCW) but I still carry both with the revolver as a BUG in either a IWB Galco or pocket holster.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

I've carried my P220R SAO many times OWB under cover such as a jacket. Still working on the M-Tac and cramming this jewel inside my waistband...but it will happen no doubt. I have the DeSantis Speed Scabbard and a Fobus paddle for it and my OWB carry. I've never looked at or considered the carry size SIG pistols. I can tell you that my P220 SAO is the best pistol I've ever owned, and as luck would have it.....it's a 45! I'm 6'1" and 200lbs BTW.

Ok. Im sold. I'll probably be stopping by the gun shop tommorow and getting my money back, then heading to the other to pay for the full size. I hear they have an Equinox!

VIP Member
    I carry a full sise P220 and have never had a problem concealing it. I just ordered a CB Supertuck yesterday so I'm excited about that. I have around 9000 rds. through mine and have not had a single problem. IMHO SigSauer makes the BEST gun out there. You will love it.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Sponsored Links