Pocket guns in SC?

This is a discussion on Pocket guns in SC? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know pickings, especially smaller guns, are slim these days. Anyone know of any place in SC with a selection of pocket-sized? What I'm really ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pocket guns in SC?

Pocket guns in SC?

I know pickings, especially smaller guns, are slim these days. Anyone know of any place in SC with a selection of pocket-sized? What I'm really looking for is Kel Tecs, a .32 for the wife and either a 3AT or PF9 (haven't made up my mind, open to input) for me. Open to consider post-recall LCPs as well. Thanks in advane.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Here is my question. Why do you feel like your wife only needs a 32? Is her attacker going to be smaller and weaker than yours? Please don't limit her to a tiny caliber. Anybody can handle a 9mm or 380, it just takes a little know how..

Other than that, the KelTecs are good little no nonsense pocket guns. A pair of 3AT's or PF9's will fill that role nicely.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Myrtle Beach Indoor Range has 75 LCPs on backorder with 3ATs close behind. I would suggest trying for a .380 Bersa while slightly larger, very accurate and reliable.

Oh, Coastal in Murrells Inlet does have a Rohrbugh 9mm, small as an LCP only $1300!

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    No need to limit yourself to local sales either. Go to GunBroker.com, find the weapon you want at the price you want and buy it. There is a feature there that allows you to find FFL's in your area that will do the transfer for a fee (often $15 +/-). Look through and see what you find. Ive been buying almost all of my firearms that way for the last several years.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

I'm trying to get my wife accustomed to the Glock-26 I bought for her...but she still likes her KelTec .32...and a .32 on her waist is better than a Glock-26 in the safe.

Nothing wrong with a .32...keep up your search...try the pawn shops.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    I agree there is nothing wrong with a 32, My own KelTec is the 32... I just cringe when guys want to pigeon hole girls into the smaller guns. There is no reason to at all.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I can't help you with gun shops in SC, but you may want to also consider a small 38 revolver such as the S&W 642. Carries fewer rounds, but is more reliable, simpler to operate, and packs a bigger punch.

I think that Grady's in Anderson SC has a NAA Guardian .380 in stock. I can run up and check this Saturday. But thats a long ride from you. Its getting hard to find any pocket gun in stock from day to day these days. Sometimes White Jones in Anderson has one and then its gone the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by kdallen View Post
    I know pickings, especially smaller guns, are slim these days. Anyone know of any place in SC with a selection of pocket-sized? What I'm really looking for is Kel Tecs, a .32 for the wife and either a 3AT or PF9 (haven't made up my mind, open to input) for me. Open to consider post-recall LCPs as well. Thanks in advane.
    I know where a P3AT and a .32 are right now. One is new and one has been carried by the owner. They are in a pawn shop right near me.

If you want me to check for you, I can but Im sure they are still there.

Im about an hour and a half from you. FWIW, My wife carries a P11.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Are there any ranges in your area that you can rent guns? In Greenville, there is Allen Arms that rents firearms, though I am not sure of their small pocket size selection. You could give them a call prior to making the trip.
    Sejune
    Glock 30 .45
    Springfield XD 9

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    ...I just cringe when guys want to pigeon hole girls into the smaller guns. There is no reason to at all.
    I agree, I have a friend whose teenage daughter competes IPSC with a full size .45 acp.

She's in the neighborhood of 5'1'' and 98 lbs. or there about.

She out shoots adults and has won a couple of guns as prizes.

She started out shooting Jr. Bulls eye and Silhouette with .22 LR only about 4 or 5 years ago and is now a full blown IPSC competitor.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Here is my question. Why do you feel like your wife only needs a 32? Is her attacker going to be smaller and weaker than yours? Please don't limit her to a tiny caliber.
    A good point. I'm looking for pockets for us both for days we can't carry something larger. She's got a .357 Taurus revolver she mostly puts .38 special through now.

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    I know where a P3AT and a .32 are right now. One is new and one has been carried by the owner. They are in a pawn shop right near me.

If you want me to check for you, I can but Im sure they are still there.

Im about an hour and a half from you. FWIW, My wife carries a P11.
    I would really appreciate that, thanks.

Thanks to everybody who contributed. I appreciate any and all input. Trust me, guys, I'm not trying to pigeonhole my wife into smaller at all. She impressed me the first time she shot her revolver. I expected a lot of trouble the first time out and she was great, and has been since.

We've rented at Shooter's Choice so she's tried a couple different things, though I haven't seen a Kel Tec 3AT or .32 in there. There's a pawn shop close by with a used Kel Tec .32 that she thinks would go well in a purse or even one of her pockets, that's why we're leaning toward one of those.

Check with The Jewelers Loupe in Aiken. They had a couple of Kel-Tecs last time I was there.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links