Para Hawg 1911

This is a discussion on Para Hawg 1911 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am at a bit of an impasse. I am in the market for a Hawg. I like the feel and the minimal size. Every ...

Thread: Para Hawg 1911

Para Hawg 1911

I am at a bit of an impasse. I am in the market for a Hawg. I like the feel and the minimal size. Every review I have read says they are well made and dependable. I am very comfortable with my .45 1911 as it has a full-size grip and fits my hand like no other. The Hawg has a 4.5" grip which is considerably shorter than my 1911. Does the shorter grip pose a recoil / control issue for the .45? I am strongly considering it in 9mm for that very reason as well as the increased capacity the 9mm version offers. Any thoughts? Opinions would be appreciated if anyone has one.
    2A is not negotiable

2. Remove Ads

Unless your hands are particularly wide, you should have no issue with the "shorter" grip being the cause of recoil or control issues. The reduced size of the Hawg will be great for carry.

best,

Dave

I've read as many good reports about the Hawg as bad reports. I've never owned one or shot one. But there's a basic rule of thumb that says it's hard to make a reliable 1911 when the barrel gets shorter than 4". If I were you I'd do some digging in the forums before buying it, and it at all possible try to shoot one first.
    Gun control is not the answer. Gun control is the question. The answer is NO.

Shooting Sports in MIcanopy FL has two of them (9MM used) right now. I buy my stuff from him because he lets you shoot it before you buy. You might make the drive down to him and try it.

Jeff is the owner go see him. I have been looking at the same gun. It's a nice one!

Micanopy Shooting Sports

Thumbs up for Hawg

I recently purchased a Para Warthawg .45 in stainless steel. I have only taken it to the range once, but so far I am very impressed. It's been extremely accurate. I find that the gun fits my hand well, and it has been very easy to shoot and control despite it's small size. I shoot mostly 9mm, and I really did not notice any difference in recoil shooting the little .45 Hawg and my 9mm's (Para Carry 9, Beretta 92 , Beretta Mini Cougar)

So far the Hawg has been reliable for me. I still need to put a couple hundred more rounds through the Hawg before it moves up to carry status. Also need to find a good holster.

Links