Para Carry 9 .vs S&W 642 ,give or take "pics"

This is a discussion on Para Carry 9 .vs S&W 642 ,give or take "pics" within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Heres my Para Carry 9 .vs S&W 642 . The Para holds 10rds and is very accurate, but weighs almost twice as much as the ...

Thread: Para Carry 9 .vs S&W 642 ,give or take "pics"

Heres my Para Carry 9 .vs S&W 642 . The Para holds 10rds and is very accurate, but weighs almost twice as much as the 5rd 642. Both are very close in size. Its hard to choose what to carry. ....guns weighed loaded.
    Attached Images

oh man that is a tough decision, I go through that everyday, my options are Sig 229 in .40, Sig 220 in .45 or S&W 642. most days its the 220 for a little while longer I have a Kahr P9 coming to me.
    http://www.concealedcampus.org/

Best wishes to ALL and your families
    KEEP 'EM SAFE

I love the para carry guns. They feel great. My original choice as my carry but couldnt deal with the 800 dollar price tag, one day....

See, for me it would be the Para Carry 9 as my Primary and the 642 as my BUG.

I lug around a G-23 and an XD9sc all day when I'm not on duty.

It's a commitment I've made that isn't necessarily comfortable all the time, but that's just me. I work around violence all the time and seen death from violence up close and personal. YMMV.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I have this thing for revolvers... that part of me says "more power!" I like my snubby for CC.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

I trust the revolver to more dependably deliver the shots.

both, there problem solved :)
    www.snipercentral.com
    "My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban as soon as I take office. In the first year, I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, one gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."
    -Barack Obama, VPC Fund Raiser, 2007

I have a 642 that I carry when I need a deep concealment or pocket gun. It started out as a primary carry when I first got my permit but with the growing increase in violent crime (and often multiple attackers) in my general vicinity, if at all possible, I carry an auto these days.

I'm a long time 1911 shooter, that's what I'm most comfortable and confident with, so that's what I carry. 8+1 isn't nearly the capacity of some of the wonder 9s these days but I'm confident with the big 230 grain bullets and the holes they leave. I do have a Glock 19 and carry it when my back is flaring up. It's a good gun and the weight is easier on my lower spine but it doesn't give me the warm fuzzies like my 1911s.

Oddly enough, my one experience with a Para was with an LDA a fellow shooter let me try out at the range. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the gun and the wonderful trigger pull.

.38spl and 9mm aren't my first choice for defensive carry but I own and carry both when I need to. Depending on the ammo you choose, either are capable with the edge going to the Para for capacity and reload speed.

If you play the odds, then you wouldn't carry at all because odds are you'll never need to draw your weapon, right? Well, if you're carrying because of the possibility you "might" need your weapon, then why not prepare for the possibility that you "might" face multiple attackers?

Carry the Para when you're able and use the 642 as a BUG or for those times when something small is needed.
    Jack

The "Five for Sure" of the revolver is a BIG consideration(and this is from someone WITHOUT any of my beloved J-Frames),because can you say with certainty that the Para will always go BANG? My G26 gives me that "warm and fuzzy" . Good Luck!!
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Sponsored Links