Viridian X5L - What gun to go with it?

This is a discussion on Viridian X5L - What gun to go with it? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a viridian X5l on order and need to combine it with a solid reliable Home defense pistol. I have narrowed my search down ...

View Poll Results: Which gun would you choose for home defense with a Viridian X5L Laser/Light combo?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glock 19 (9mm)

7 16.67%
  • Glock 23 (40cal)

13 30.95%
  • Sig P220 Carry (45acp)

22 52.38%

Thread: Viridian X5L - What gun to go with it?

Viridian X5L - What gun to go with it?

I have a viridian X5l on order and need to combine it with a solid reliable Home defense pistol. I have narrowed my search down to the following 3 options. Please vote on which model you would prefer for Home defense, SHTF scenario and why? Please not that this gun will not be carried, it will strictly be for home defense/SHTF.
    I am not interested in other models, it's down to these 3 models. I am still very confused as to whch would be a preferred claiber for my intent. PS - Price is not a concern at this point. Right now, I am just trying to determine what would be the best fit for my needs. Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I went for the G19, but it was a tough choice for me. I love anything 220, but the G19 has carry capacity and its chambered in the universally popular 9mm.

Just wondering though, if you have no plans on carrying the gun, why would you want the carry model instead of the regular 220?
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    I picked the P220 because I prefer the .45 of the 3 calibers and you can't go wrong with a Sig. Good luck with your choice.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Glock 19...cheapest ammo, highest capacity, just as effective as the others, and not as "snappy" as the .40 when it comes to recoil.

That said, if this is not a carry gun and you're only looking for a HD gun, a shotgun or rifle would be a better choice.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

I agree with SIXTO, the g19 because of capacity and wieght, but the .45 is a little more UMPH.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Three good choices

I think any of these guns would serve very well for home defense. Reliability is the main consideration in my opinion, and these three guns all get high marks in that regard. I consider caliber and capacity less important, and would use any of the three calibers you mention. The important thing is that you practice with whichever gun you have and become proficient in its use.

I wasn't sure which one to vote for. I own the two Glocks and have used them for home defense in the past. I like Sigs but don't own the P220 model.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Links