CZ fans... Talk to me.

This is a discussion on CZ fans... Talk to me. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You might remember the thread brainstorming to come up with pistol suggestions for a friend... he picked out a CZ 75B. It has been in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ fans... Talk to me.

Administrator

CZ fans... Talk to me.

You might remember the thread brainstorming to come up with pistol suggestions for a friend... he picked out a CZ 75B. It has been in my possession for a few days and it has grown on me. I really like the gun, and I havent even shot it yet. I probably going to pick another one up for myself assuming I'll still be impressed once I shoot it. The balance is perfect... its an old design, but they got it right.

Now there are a few things I don't like, but they are things I can get over. First, is the trigger. Its a hard trigger in DA. SA, its a lot better. It is equipped with the Omega... is the Omega adjustable? I'd like to make it a bit lighter and take out some creep. Whats the ins and outs of this. I've never worked on a CZ pistol... I dont want to get in over my head.

Second is the low height of the slide. It makes it a little tough for combat malfunction/reload drills. Again, I can get over this... its just a slight design flaw IMO.
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

You'll like it more after you shoot it, and if you like the 75B, you'd love the P-01. Make sure you look at one of those before making up your mind.

CZ P-01

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Now there are a few things I don't like, but they are things I can get over. First, is the trigger. Its a hard trigger in DA. SA, its a lot better. It is equipped with the Omega... is the Omega adjustable? I'd like to make it a bit lighter and take out some creep. Whats the ins and outs of this. I've never worked on a CZ pistol... I dont want to get in over my head.

Second is the low height of the slide. It makes it a little tough for combat malfunction/reload drills. Again, I can get over this... its just a slight design flaw IMO.

1) Trigger job faq here (with lots of pics)

2) not a design "flaw" just a compromise of certain considerations over others. :)

I would imagine the low slide also lowers the axis of the barrel a bit? making recoil control easier? That is my only real gripe with my XDm - HIGH slide profile... but over come fairly easy with a firm grip and firing stance. Interested to ehar a range report from SIXTO on the CZ
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricebrnr View Post
    1) Trigger job faq here (with lots of pics)

2) not a design "flaw" just a compromise of certain considerations over others. :)
    1) Thank you, thats what I'm looking for

2) OK, "flaw" might have been a poor choice of words. One of the reasons I'm really digging this pistol is its profile.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc3169 View Post
    I would imagine the low slide also lowers the axis of the barrel a bit? making recoil control easier? That is my only real gripe with my XDm - HIGH slide profile... but over come fairly easy with a firm grip and firing stance. Interested to ehar a range report from SIXTO on the CZ
    It does... the balance of this gun is near perfect. I dont want to say it until I shoot it, but it might be as good or better in the balance dept. than my beloved 228.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I always felt that the old CZ-75 was second only to the old Browning HP in balance, grip angle and general feel in the hand (talking 9mm, not .45 here; the 1911 is in a category all it's own). I haven't seen any guns in the last 20 years (except possibly a K9) that have changed that opinion.

I like the looks of the p-01 myself, but like you I am a CZ noob.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!

The CZ pistols are something I just got around to checking out. At a recent gunshow, a dealer had a dozen or so laying out and I fondled them all. The balance of the guns was amazing. They seemed very well built. I was impressed with the prices and the overall feel of the guns in my hand. The ergonamics fit me well. I'm gonna have to agree SIXTO, I think I need one.
    God Bless America!!

I purchased a CZ SP-01 for my wife ( Ahhemm ) a couple of years ago. Had Matt Mink...from the CZ shooting team do a trigger job on it and add competition sites. It is one sweet shooting 9mm....She hasn't had a chance to shoot it yet...so I make sure it functions properly :).

http://czusa.net/product_detail.php?id=73

Wayne

The other thing you'll want to know is that the weak link common to many CZ's is weak ejector springs. When you fire it, take notice of how far if flings brass and if it's less than five feet, get the Wolff xtra power ones and very lightly hone the ejector both sides while you have it out. If you need to order the spring, I would also go ahead and get the +5 mag springs.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    It is, IMPO, the best high-capacity pistol ever made in terms of ergonomics. The grip shape is close to perfect, a lot like the Hi Power.

There have been several reports concerning slide stops breaking in some CZ-75B pistols. CZ gunsmith Mike Eagleshield, has stated in the past that the OEM rated 14-lb. recoil springs frequently were not and sometimes were closer to 10 or 12! He recommends at least a 14-lb. Wolff conventional recoil spring and perhaps up to about 16 pounds. Something to consider. If you contact CZ warranty Dept. they can fill you in on this issue.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

I've not owned one but have played with others and there's a lot to like about the design.

I've never held a CZ, but if you're that impressed with it Sixto, I'm going to have to go to the store and try one out.
    Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Texan29 View Post
    I've never held a CZ, but if you're that impressed with it Sixto, I'm going to have to go to the store and try one out.
    I suggest you do, I haven't been this excited to try a new gun out in a while. I messed with one years ago, but never took the seriously until now. Its really growing on me. I'd like to get my hands on some of the newer versions too, but I tend to prefer the old school designs anyway.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links