What to do....

This is a discussion on What to do.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well circumstances aside, I'll be getting a Bersa Thunder 380. I don't really want it but the previous owner has upgraded nicely, and it would ...

View Poll Results: What to do with it?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • You don't want it, you don't stock ammo for it, use it for trade bait.

18 72.00%
  • You know it works and the resale value is low, keep it.

7 28.00%

Thread: What to do....

What to do....

Well circumstances aside, I'll be getting a Bersa Thunder 380. I don't really want it but the previous owner has upgraded nicely, and it would hurt her feelings if I didn't take it back. I know that sounds weird but it's true.

It's more accurate to say I'll be getting it back. It was mine for about 3 months and I shot it a few hundred times to make sure it would feed hollowpoints, that it would work with the magazines, etc.

It's an okay little gun, but it's too small for me to use with the little pinky shelf on the magazines. I don't do too well with it... I mean I do okay, but I'm so uncomfortable trying to hold onto it.

I have to admit the appearance and craftsmanship of it is nicer than it should be and I think it's neat from the perspective that it's the PPK but better, but I have no use or desire for it. I don't want a .380, I have no use for one. The ammunition is pricey and it's an anemic cartridge.

I already have a small gun for the BUG category. But I know it works and works well.

2. Remove Ads

You don't want it, you don't stock ammo for it, use it for trade bait.

Thats what i think my Friend

I might be interested in taking it off your hands? It wouldnt be untill i got my taxes back but if you can hang onto it and give me a deal i think i can help ya? heheh
    I carry because I care.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

I've got one. POS. Won't shoot where it's pointed, won't feed, trigger seems like it was machined out of pot metal.

I wouldn't buy it again if it were free.

Just my 0.02.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Wow really? This one worked like a charm and has through a thousand rounds now.

Assistant Administrator
    Hmmm - yours Steve must have been a rare lemon. I like mine (now wife's).

I too Euc would buy that from you - thinking of one for my Daughter in law.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Euc.........It would be good trade bait for when the good weather comes........You'll sell it for sure...........BTW........I'm hoping you pick up your Dick Spl tomorrow........
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

It's always nice to have four or five spare defensive handguns sitting around for trade bait. There will always be someone showing up with a really nice SKS or a shotgun that you want, but you don't want to let loose of the cash for.

If the shtf for a month or two, it might also be nice to have a handgun around that fits the ammo you just traded for.
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

Sounds like this one was originally purchased for a friend/family member? Since you know it's a good example, maybe you could hang onto it for the next "friend in need" (I know, kinda unlikely). At least you'll know it's going to a good home, and the poor resale won't hurt quite as much if you're getting a fair deal for it from someone you know.

In the meantime, if something interesting comes up I wouldn't hesitate to trade up, given your current inventory/circumstances.

Even then I could part ways with half my handguns and not really lose anything... I have multiple launching platforms for .38 Special, 9x19, .357 Magnum, .45 ACP and one platform each for .40 S&W, .44 Magnum, and .22 LR.

I've no pressing use or need for a .380 ACP.

Two words..........."trade bait" and trade bait...........Euc... you'll find somebody who can't live without one .....they're prety good guns.......we sell em, and they don't return........or get traded back.. must be a pretty good shooter

Its my Trade Bait Trade bait Says gollum wheres my Trade bait it was right here in my pockets

Euc, it sounds like you've already made up your mind. It's not so much that you don't "need" it but that you don't really seem to like shooting it. If you don't like it, trade it for something you DO like and get that at a better price. You'll be happier that way... maybe hang on to it and see if SA releases an XD45 Compact???
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    Euc, it sounds like you've already made up your mind. It's not so much that you don't "need" it but that you don't really seem to like shooting it. If you don't like it, trade it for something you DO like and get that at a better price. You'll be happier that way... maybe hang on to it and see if SA releases an XD45 Compact???
    Jack
    We have a few XD45s.....they're kinda big in the grip frame..
    come with ex Hi Cap mag......holster, double mag carrier.. and hard case...

VIP Member

+1 to Kahrma

Do you know of a non- or new-shooter friend who could use such a firearm (a good shooter tested by you)?. I'd pass along to them at reasonable-price-for-value if such a person exists.... Take them to the range and show them the ropes, expanding our ranks.

Links