New Glock 19

This is a discussion on New Glock 19 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by High Altitude The NY1 trigger spring is easy to install. Unload, field strip, punch out the locking block pin, then the trigger ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Glock 19

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
    The NY1 trigger spring is easy to install. Unload, field strip, punch out the locking block pin, then the trigger pin (wiggle the slide stop front to back to make it easier), then the trigger housing pin. Pull out the slide stop, locking block and the trigger/trigger bar/trigger mechanism housing. Rotate the trigger bar out of the housing and disconnect/remove the trigger spring. The NY1 trigger drops into the housing (only fits one way), put back in the trigger bar and put it all back together. The locking block pin goes in before the trigger pin/slide stop lever. Use a 3/32" punch or glock tool. Function check when you are done.

If you look on youtube there are several videos showing how to do a detail strip.

NY1 trigger spring

Stock trigger spring

The trigger will have a little more resistant on the take up and the break with a quicker reset. The nice thing about the Glock is that the parts don't cost much and it is easy to swap them out. You can do it right at the range, try them out etc......

The glock night sights are quality. Pretty much the same as mepros except the front sight is staked on. Glock is planning on changing this to the standard nut/screwed on front sight and is in the process of switching over (might be using it right now). I believe glock only charges around $55 for the night sights. You ship your slide and they put them on and ship it back to you. Around a 2 week turn around. It's a good deal.
    Thanks, I was considering sending the slide in. Confirms what I thought, it is a good deal.

I looked at the NY1 trigger cost - something less than $2 on Midway. Hard to believe!

2. Remove Ads

I keep saying: Everybody should own a Glock 19!!!
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    No they don't . I don't need that G30...yes you do...no I don't...yes you do...

YES YOU DO!

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    The G19 has impressive firepower available to it (15, 17, and 33 round mags) and is still easy to conceal. I have yet to find a better 9mm handgun that matches that kind of firepower.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

I just bought a Glock. I was going for the 19, but in the end they couldn't source me one. Then I got bit by the 357 bug. Now the Glock 32 is on its way!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links