H&K P30,Sig P250 or Glock 19?

This is a discussion on H&K P30,Sig P250 or Glock 19? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Which of these three compact 9mm's would you guys buy? I've held and really like the H&K and the Sig,although the H&K feels a little ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H&K P30,Sig P250 or Glock 19?

Which of these three compact 9mm's would you guys buy? I've held and really like the H&K and the Sig,although the H&K feels a little better than the sig in my hand. the Glock.... well its a Glock that else can I say on that? It fits me ok but nothing like the the H&K or sig do.

So my question is which of these guns would you chose for a home defense/carry gun? My only real concern is that spare magazines for the sig and HK may be a bit pricey compared to Glock mags and the trigger on the sig P250 is long but smooth,I think I could get used to it.

Do you guys feel the H&K is "overpriced" as some say? I can get the HK for $800 out the door. I know this is a bit more than the Glock 19 or the Sig. Does anyone here have any experiance ccwing an HK P30 or Sig P250? neither of these seem like they would be to big for carry with a good holster,but I'd like feedback from those who have done it.

I kind of feel like the HK is a nicer gun then the Sig or Glock,it certainly feels better made to me. Thanks for any help guys.

I would go with the P30. I've held one and absolutely loved it. Ive heard some great reviews about it on other forums and all the guys that have one praise them. As far as the price goes, in my mind, you get what you pay for. For carry I would recommend getting the LEM. That's what I have on my SK and love it. Good Luck with you decision. I would google hk forums and read some of the reviews on other boards.

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    Dude,

I have shot an HK P30, and I own a USPc in .40 (which is about the same size IIRC). I usually carry a Glock 19 or a Springfield XD45.

I might go back to carrying the USPc after I get a better holster for it, but I'm not sure. I like the availability of spare parts for the Glock should something break, and for 9mm, I also like the fact that I can use the 33 round Glock mags in my 19. I also use a Glock 17 mag as my spare mag when I'm carrying the 19.

Not sure if I helped at all, but I keep finding myself coming back to the Glock.

--Jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Glock 19.

I am not a Glock fan because they just don't fit my hand well. I have owned several over the years. That being said, the 19 in my opinion is one of the better 9s on the market today. Plus holsters, parts and magazines are easy to find.

The HK is one fine weapon. I don't think you could go wrong there.

The 250 is not on the same level as the other two you are looking at.
    I think that a 229 in 9 mil would be a better compairson. I had a 250.
    The trigger was great, the accuracy was not up to traditional Sig standards. I really like the concept of the 250, but I don't feel that it is up to par with with other Sigs.

There is my 2 cents worth. Good luck with your decision.

Shot a 250.....lonnnnngggg trigger, fairly accurate.
    The p30 looks very promisng and is getting some really great reviews...but is relatively unproven, and holsters and parts will be scarce at first.
    The 19 is a track proven success, there is no way you will pay 800 for it. 800 will buy you a 19, a GREAT carry rig and some practice ammo. Go with the 19... you won't be sorry
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    G19!
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

I carry a Sig 250 everyday for my CCW. For me, it fits well in the hand, conceals easily and is quite accurate. The long trigger pull is not really an issue for me. You can fire the pistol quickly and accurately despite the long trigger pull. I carry it in a very nice leather belt slide holster. I like the idea of it being it being modular but that wasn’t really the selling for me. I got a real good price on it and was happy to own my first Sig.

I have put over 600 rounds through my 250 and have not had one single issue. I am very comfortable and confident in using it as my everyday CCW.

Good luck in finding the pistol that is right for you.

Which SIG 250 Frame did u buy? Full Size, Compact or Sub? I've been thinking of getting one.

I would recommend the Glock 19 out of those choices myself. I am going out on a limb and assuming you want a polymer carry gun. I would consider a Walther P99 as well.

Another vote for the 19. IMO it is one of the greatest combat handguns ever made.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    Another vote for the 19. IMO it is one of the greatest combat handguns ever made.

Yup.

Reliable
    Plenty of accessories (If needed)
    Cheap mags
    ETC ETC ETC

VIP Member
    I would go with the Sig, but not the P250, I would also recommend the P229 or P239 in 9mm. both are thinner than the P250 and you can get them with a DA/SA trigger, or DAK, or SAO, with the P250 its only DAK, (which I don't like), I am not a fan of DAO, I can get second shots faster and more accurate with the DA/SA trigger. If your reason to pick the P250 is the polymer frame then that's different. (You didn't say why, but all your options are polymer).
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Yes I'm looking to keep weight down for carry also I've never liked how other Sig pistols have fit my hand. The P250 is the only Sig handgun to fit me like a glove and thats what I like about it. However the HK is just awesome and fits great as well. I was going to put one of these on layaway so the price shouldn't be to much of an issue.

I'd buy the GLOCK, I don't care for Sigs and the HK are more $$ than I'd care to spend. All are quality guns, question is which one suits you best based on what's important to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links