Look what followed me home from the Richmond gun show

This is a discussion on Look what followed me home from the Richmond gun show within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Probably a story about the turnout at gun shows now. The show on Saturday had probably double, if not more than they normally do....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Look what followed me home from the Richmond gun show

VIP Member
    Probably a story about the turnout at gun shows now. The show on Saturday had probably double, if not more than they normally do.

2. Remove Ads

GUNSHOW LOOP HOLE!
    I understand a private transaction occurred right in front of their cameras! (Imagine that)
    No background check!
    Alert your congressperson to this monstrosity of Americanism!
    We must bring private enterprise under government control!
    NOW!

congrats. my 2 friends have had that gun for a while now. works fairly well. one hasn't had any problem the other only thing that happened was the front site fell off. fire reloads fine. 230 gr feeds better than the semi-wad cutters in our experience but even with the semi wads failure rate is probably only 2% if that. enjoy!

from VCDL on 60 min.that was the crew at the gun show.
    Yesterday at the large (and very crowded) Richmond C&E gun show at the Showplace, the CBS show "60 Minutes" was filming a segment dealing with gun shows, gun show legislation, and the recent explosion of firearm and ammunition sales due to concerns that the new administration might be hostile to the
    second amendment, worries about the economy, and potential terrorism.

I was interviewed at length by Lesley Stahl and I walked some of the show floor with her.

The camera crew and I also went to Dominion Shooting Range in Richmond to film me shooting. Dominion graciously helped with the arrangements.

Some of you are probably drawing in a deep breath about this time, and I thoroughly understand.

However, VCDL has had a policy of being open with the press, even those who have been hostile to gun owners in the past.

I willingly, and regularly, do interviews with the Virginian-Pilot, the Roanoke Times, and the Daily Press, for example.

Last year we allowed ABC's Nightline to attend one of our picnics and I thought they did a great job and were quite fair in their story. (To view the Nightline story, go to: ABC News )

The "60 Minute" questioning was thorough and reasonable in my opinion.

There were some tough questions and, hopefully, some tough answers.

Continuing to work with the press is important. For If we don't represent our side of the argument, then who will? On an unbiased playing field, with both sides getting equal time, I am convinced that our positions will out shine those of our opponents every time.

"60 Minutes" interviewed Colonel Massengill, ex-superintendent of the Virginia State Police, yesterday and will be interviewing some of the Virginia Tech families next week.

I will advise everyone once there is a date for show to be aired.

-------------------------------------------
    ************************************************** *************************
    VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    I bow to one king, and serve only one kingdom
    JESUS CHRIST

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links