SIG owners; Suggestions for spare parts?

This is a discussion on SIG owners; Suggestions for spare parts? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I currently have a 239 in 9mm and will soon have a 220 .45acp. What spare parts would you suggest I pick up for both ...

Thread: SIG owners; Suggestions for spare parts?

SIG owners; Suggestions for spare parts?

I currently have a 239 in 9mm and will soon have a 220 .45acp. What spare parts would you suggest I pick up for both guns? Does sig or anyone else sell parts kits for them? Thanks!

And does anyone know if the 220 carry uses different components than the 220 full size? (i.e. - Recoil spring, firing pin etc.)
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Yup... Top Gun Supply has parts kits for sale; I suggest those.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    220 Carry should be the same frame as Full Size---it takes the 8-rd magazines, right? Only difference should be in the upper springs; the frame kit from Top Gun would be the same for both, I believe.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

I have yet to change any parts on any of my SIGs, with exception of some grips screws when I put on Hogue grips...I've had my SIGs for 14 years....shooting regularly (when not deployed).

What do you think you will need to replace? It's not like it's a 1911 or anything
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    I have yet to change any parts on any of my SIGs, with exception of some grips screws when I put on Hogue grips...I've had my SIGs for 14 years....shooting regularly (when not deployed).

What do you think you will need to replace? It's not like it's a 1911 or anything
    I dont expect to have issues, but, seeing the way things are going these days I really dont wanna get a visit from Mr. Murphy, at a time when I not only need the gun, but I cant find spare parts for it.
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Administrator
    I havent broke or worn much out on my Sigs, but I do preventative stuff; I dont wait for the visit from Mr. Murphy.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    220 Carry should be the same frame as Full Size---it takes the 8-rd magazines, right? Only difference should be in the upper springs; the frame kit from Top Gun would be the same for both, I believe.
    Ya, they take the 8rd Mags. P220 carry is a great piece..
    It's like killing roaches - you have to kill 'em all, otherwise what's the use?

keep your nose in the wind, and your eyes along the skyline.

Follow up question - What parts to do find you most frequently have to swap out, what wears fast?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Administrator
    Nothing wears fast, but I'll replace the recoil spring and trigger resets first. It might be overkill, but its cheap insurance IMO.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links