Kimber noob advice?

This is a discussion on Kimber noob advice? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I am going to receive my new Kimber tactical Pro II with N/Sights and 3 magazines at the end of this coming week. I ...

Thread: Kimber noob advice?

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

Kimber noob advice?

Well I am going to receive my new Kimber tactical Pro II with N/Sights and 3 magazines at the end of this coming week.

I would like to ask anyone if they have any advice that they would like share with me in any topic related to ownership of this nice weapon that I am like a giddy kid waiting to pick up his new toy?

A definite question is: CT Lgrips I need a new safety lever or a modified one? Who can or where do I find one?

Ammunition: What is regarded and proven ballistically superior options as far as drugged up meth head murderous villain stopping power?

Holsters? I do prefer IWB since im a medium frame body (my person) 5'11" 200lbs.

I appreciate it thanks!

2. Remove Ads

The only thing I can help much with is Ammo. Any of the high quality HP type rounds would be sufficient to put some hurt on the average meth head (he just might not know it until ten seconds later when he finds himself in a REALLY hot place)

I would suggest Gold Dot Hollow Point (GDHP) or Remmington Golden Saber in 230 grain.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    Well I am going to receive my new Kimber tactical Pro II with N/Sights and 3 magazines at the end of this coming week.

I would like to ask anyone if they have any advice that they would like share with me in any topic related to ownership of this nice weapon that I am like a giddy kid waiting to pick up his new toy? ...

Ammunition: What is regarded and proven ballistically superior options.....

I appreciate it thanks!

Enjoy your new pistol, keep her wet during 'break in'. I like any quality 230gr HP ammo that will feed in your gun.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

I stick with 230 gr hollowpoints (Remington Golden Saber, Hornady TAP, CorBon, etc) or the 165 gr +P PowerBall in my Kimber Tactical Ultra II. Those all feed extremely reliably and I use Winchester 230 gr FMJ for practice ammo. Feed at least 300-500 rounds of the practice ammo through yours to break it in and you will be ready to go. I use a strong side holster by Tucker for mine. IMHO a 1911 with ambidexterous safety's will be a little uncomfortable in a IWB holster but I'd bet lots of folks use them. I just wear a loose short sleeve shirt over my t-shirt to conceal and never get a second look.
    SE Texas Patriot Guard Rider, NRA Patron, TSRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    Congrats.
    I would like to ask anyone if they have any advice that they would like share with me in any topic related to ownership of this nice weapon that I am like a giddy kid waiting to pick up his new toy?
    Keep her clean and lubed and she'll take good care of you.
    A definite question is: CT Lgrips I need a new safety lever or a modified one? Who can or where do I find one?
    No idea.
    Ammunition: What is regarded and proven ballistically superior options as far as drugged up meth head murderous villain stopping power?
    .50 cal rifles have a history of superior ballistics, that's not usually an option for me, so I go with Federal HST or Hornady. I like 'em both, but they don't seem to have the knock down, take a arm/leg off, power that the .50 has. But then again, life is about compromises.
    Holsters? I do prefer IWB since im a medium frame body (my person) 5'11" 200lbs.
    I'm a big fan of the Brommeland Max Con V. You can order then direct from Coal Creek Armory, but I do understand their prices have gone up. IMO, it's still worth it.
    I appreciate it thanks!

There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Awesome info. Thanks a bunch!

I use Blaser Brass for practice ammo and HST for defensive rounds in mine, and a thorough cleaning after every use.

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    I picked up my Kimber Custom TLE II / RL slightly used. It had the CT lasergrips already installed, and has an ambi safety. The sfaety has not been modified in anyway, and it will work if I work the safety with my right hand, on the left side of the frame.

If I try and turn the safety off using my left hand on the right side of the frame and attempt to pull the trigger, the safety is not disabled. I am planning on having the safety on the right side of the frame trimmed to fit.

Everything that I've read about the issue on the CT forums says that if a new safety is ordered, it is NOT a drop in part, and has to be installed by a 'smith.

--Jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

Links