NAA 22...What do ya'll think?

This is a discussion on NAA 22...What do ya'll think? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; NAA 22...What do ya'll think? I was looking at one but would like to know what the gun world thinks of them,and whats the best ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NAA 22...What do ya'll think?

NAA 22...What do ya'll think? I was looking at one but would like to know what the gun world thinks of them,and whats the best way to carry it. Thanks all.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by 2gunken; March 11th, 2009 at 10:08 AM.
    CCW: Never get killed for lack of shooting back!

I picked mine up used, and have found it a great snake <eeeee!> gun:

I would not consider it a SD gun except as a "stick it in the eye socket" and squeeze the trigger........

Here's how I carry it:

It's been reliable as sunrises work for me.

If you haven't already, you might want to try a forum search, I seem to remember a number of threads asking a similar question.

FWIW, I think it'd be a fun little plinker to keep in the tacklebox, but wouldn't consider it as a self-defense platform for a number of reasons......single action makes it slow to deploy and slow on follow-up shots, and the .22 caliber, while better than a sharp stick, can easily be improved upon in other weapons of similar size with better capacity.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

I like the Black Widow better since it shoots
    the .22 Magnum

Nice little gun, niche application. Very deep concealment or extremely low-risk outing. Use Quick-shok or CCI Stingers.

Thanks Ya'll I'm going to go look at them at lunch time.

I have been wanting one of those simply because of the cool factor. I wouldn't carry it, probably wouldn't shoot it much either, but it is a pretty cool little gun.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    They certainly have the neat factor.

I want one that can mount on a rail, so I can have a back up gun allready deployed on my M4. Just kidding
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofASniper View Post
    They certainly have the neat factor.

I want one that can mount on a rail, so I can have a back up gun allready deployed on my M4. Just kidding
    I think you'd get better range out of a bayonet lug!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

I have the 22 magnum with the fold up handle that u can clip to your belt, pretty cool little gun but it dont get much carry time.suprisingly accurate though for such a small barrel .
    Well You Boys Gonna Pull Them Pistols, Or Whistle Dixie.

EW3
    I have the NAA Pug in .22 Magnum. It's a fun little gun. You have to cock and shoot, cock and shoot like a cowboy pistol. I have a little pocket holster for it and use it as a quick "run to the store" gun.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Update: NEW POCKET GUN!!I just shot this little NAA Mini. Fun, fun, fun! The 22 Magnum is load!! The 22 LR isn’t so bad. Both are easy to shoot and the kick is nothing. As for grouping. At 5 full steps I can put all 5 shots inside a coffee cup. It hit’s about 3in low from point of aim but will work for what it was designed (belly gun). Best part about it……for a little pocket 22….it never jammed!! “unlike most of the other little auto pocket 22’s I’ve shot” The cool factor of this gun makes it worth every cent. Now I just need a good pocket holster and some cool grips.
    Last edited by rocky; March 18th, 2009 at 05:10 PM. Reason: language work around

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2gunken View Post
    NAA 22...What do ya'll think? I was looking at one but would like to know what the gun world thinks of them,and whats the best way to carry it. Thanks all.
    That's a PUG with a Big Dot front sight. I have the same pistol with oversized rosewood grips. I hope I don't have to depend on it to save my life but it sure is a cool little revolver. I guess it's better than nothing. Here's the holster I have with it:
    http://www.naaminis.com/pix/HPT-PUG.jpg

I usually load it with a couple shots of CCI shotshell and the rest with 30g CCI TNT.

You can read up more on the PUG and other NAA revolvers here:
    NAA Message Board: NAA Products

It's a definitely a keeper.

I've handled them at the store and thought they'd be no easier to conceal than a kel-tec / LCP. Especially with the folding grip they're fairly big. Really cute gun, though. Would love to have one as a toy - just don't entirely see the point to it for CCW.

That said - five rounds of 22 is enough to ruin somebody's day. Maybe not enough to drop them outright depending on shot placement, but if you have to go hand-to-hand with a guy - you'll win if he's the one with five little holes in him.

I have the mini in .22LR...fun little gun...very easy to hide...a nice little extra, but not something I carry as an EDC.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links