Look for a used XD or Glock
This is a discussion on Oh no, another "Pick my gun" poll... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, I need some expert opinions... I can't decide between the PF-9 and the PT-111 (or possibly 140). I love the size and concealability of ...
Ok, I need some expert opinions...
I can't decide between the PF-9 and the PT-111 (or possibly 140).
I love the size and concealability of the PF-9 but don't like the fact of only having 7 rounds. Also, so far, it has been unreliable (had to send back to KT).
I like the fact the PT-111 has 12 rounds and it seems to be "built better". It just feels more solid. However, I've heard their customer service stinks...
Also, I like the Kel-Tec being DAO. I have never carried a SA pistol with a safety. While SA, the trigger is awefully light on the Taurus. Should I worry too much about this or will that safety STAY PUT????
I plan on carrying IWB 90% of the time which would be fine with the Taurus but was considering a Smart Carry for the other 10%. I have read a HORRIBLE story where someone was carrying a 1911 in a smart carry and had a AD! Safety got disengaged and the rest is history...
Budget is $400. If you have any other suggestions that fit my criteria, I am all ears! Cheers!
Look for a used XD or Glock
CCW: Never get killed for lack of shooting back!
I love my Taurus PT-111 and carry it 99% of the time using SmartCarry (which is the sole person that I got it for)
I went with Taurus because it came with 2 mags and had a higher capicity and seemed more reliable.
Kel-Tec has excellent Customner service, Taurus while they do have a lifetime warrenty the Customer service is a dis-service.
A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.
Get a Glock if you want reliable and more than 7 rds in a 9mm package. THe g26 is easy to carry concealed
Don't know if you're LEO or military (even retired), but if you are Bud's has a special on S&W M&P's for around 400. I'd consider something like that or a glock first, however, 400 is quite limiting. Once you get the PF9 working I wouldn't worry about it's reliability after that.
Definitely the Taurus. make sure its 3rd gen though. great little gun.
Glock26...Just pick up a few more cans!!!
Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.
"Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina
If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.
Glock-26...and you'll never regret it.
Stay armed...go 'G'...stay safe!
The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.
Certified Glock Armorer
NRA Life Member
Under 400 and its is all about reliability for me. Look For something used. AAfter you have done that try and find a lay a way program, then upgrade
Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!
Springfield Armory Service XD 40
Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special
I carry a PT140 and have had no issues but what is good for me may not be for the next guy.
For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27
Save up a little more and get a Glock 26 or an XD subcompact if you want a small firearm.
If you save up a little more you can't go wrong with a Glock 26. But again I'm somewhat biased as I own a G26. To be fair, an XD subcompact is also a good deal.
"Gun control is being able to hit your target."