Defensive Carry banner

1st 1911

3K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  AnimalKracker 
#1 ·
heres a pic of my first 1911! it's a kimber tle/rl II with meprolight sights. after carrying a compact glock i'm not sure how well i can carry this gun when/if it proves reliable at the range. picked it up for $600 from a neighbor

#7 ·
Nice Kimber, Not the easiest to carry with the rail and good holsters are hard to find for them so you might have to do some searching.

After some range time give us a range report on it. $600 bones is a pretty good price for a stainless TLE/RL.

ETA: I would also get either Wilson 47D's or Tripp Cobra mags ASAP for it to and loose the Kimber mag.

Ti.

#8 ·
Looks like a good canidate for a rail mounted light and given the duty of HD. Seems to have some extra's that could be a downer for CC, if your usto CCing a compact glock.

There are many here who carry the fullsize everyday, and love it. Defently get your self a quality belt and holster if you decide to CC it.

#16 ·
CLASS3NH said:
GREAT PRICE on that rig!! You did VERY WELL!............Wilson mags work really well in that set up..I have a Pro CDP (My Avitar) and it functions flawlessly with em..
I have to go along with the Wilson mags, 1911 good job

#22 ·
But Bruce, it is a 9mm Largo so it's not really a 9mm *grin*.

No, I like the 1911 form. I was a hold out but I got the Star with my C&R and then got hooked on the 1911 type. I then ended up with a Kimber and then the Ballister.

Congrats on your first 1911. You will enjoy it and will prob. get more different types :).

Wayne

#23 ·
Ti Carry said:
Nice Kimber, Not the easiest to carry with the rail and good holsters are hard to find for them so you might have to do some searching.

After some range time give us a range report on it. $600 bones is a pretty good price for a stainless TLE/RL.

ETA: I would also get either Wilson 47D's or Tripp Cobra mags ASAP for it to and loose the Kimber mag.

Ti.
Give Sam Andrews a call at Andrews Leather. He'll treat you right and fix you you with a fine holster for the lightrail. I've gotten three from him so far. And he's making a double shoulder rig for my matched set of 1911's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.