Beretta Tomcat's and Bobcat's??

This is a discussion on Beretta Tomcat's and Bobcat's?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Beretta Tomcat's and Bobcat's: What is the deal with Beretta Tomcat's and Bobcat's? I had a bobcat in 22LR about a year ago that just ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta Tomcat's and Bobcat's??

Beretta Tomcat's and Bobcat's: What is the deal with Beretta Tomcat's and Bobcat's? I had a bobcat in 22LR about a year ago that just would not function correctly. I loved the feel and design of the little gun but it just wasn’t trust worthy. I find myself looking at the 32’s and wondering if I just got a bad one last time. So the question is, are the little Beretta’s worth having?
    CCW: Never get killed for lack of shooting back!

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    I have a Bobcat that missfeeds on full mags. I've shot it with mags from the local gun range's rental gun and it ran flawlessly.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

I had one for years and loved the little bugger. Lost that one to a divorce. But, I just bought another off of Guns America and ia ma waiting for it to arrive. They are really sweet. I know that people are going to jump on the not big enough caliber band wagon, but for my wife I would prefer that to a .32 or .25. Loaded up with some high velocity rounds that baby will definately deter all but the most whacked out of assailants. I think you may have had a bad one.

If you're looking for a .32 you will be much happier with a Seecamp LWS .32 or NAA Guardian. They are both well-made (the Seecamp is exceptional) and in the same price range as the Tomcat.

Welcome to the L.W. Seecamp Company Home Page
    North American Arms

I had two different Beretta Bobcats and neither one would work with anything but .22 lr solids. I have also owned a Beretta Tomcat .32 acp that worked like a well oiled windmill in a tornado. I would go with Tomcat all the way, you will be a lot happier in the long run.
    God bless our troops!

kpw
    There's 3 Tomcats in the family. All have been 100% to date. It's one of the few mouse guns that I actually like the grip.

There seems to be a rash of cracked frames on the Tomcats recently. From what I've read on the Beretta forum, this problem is confined to Tomcats which are blued and not the stainless ones.

I haven't researched the topic extensively, though.

Bobcats can be picky with ammo - and 22LR are a bit unreliable anyway. Once I fed my two Bobcats the ammo they like - no failures. No ideas on the Tomcats.

Here's one of them:

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Thanks ya'll looks like i'll be hunting a 32 Tomcat and not a 22/25 bobcat. Thanks for the info.
    CCW: Never get killed for lack of shooting back!

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    I have a Bobcat that missfeeds on full mags. I've shot it with mags from the local gun range's rental gun and it ran flawlessly.
    I'll bet it's the spring in the mag that's causing the problem.
    Both of my Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II's have the same issue. New guns with stiff springs. If I try to put 8 in the mag they both jam the nose of the first round head on into the feed ramp, instead of following the proper angle. If I just load 7 I don't have the problem. I keep both mags for each one loaded(but locked up) when not in use. After time the spring should wear-in and reduced spring tension should solve the problem.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by 2gunken View Post
    Thanks ya'll looks like i'll be hunting a 32 Tomcat and not a 22/25 bobcat. Thanks for the info.
    Good idea. The .32 is a much better caliber for defense than a .22 or .25 anyway! I had a Tomcat once and it was a good little gun. It worked just fine. I just wanted a little more thump than the .32 so I traded it for a .380 Keltec. The Tomcat is a dependable little gun.
    God & Guns!

i got an old jetfire 950 in 25acp. never had a problem, no matter the ammo. now i also got two old 21a in 22lr. now they don't like a full mag. if i down load one round no problems. they are also a pain about what ammo they will eat. i got one to work with a full mag about 80% of the time and the other about 85% of the time. one round short they both are 100%. i have not gotten into the problem hard because i just play around with them. some day i will find out why and fix the problem.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I have a Tomcat and love it. I have never had a problem with it. Used a variety of ammo without issue.
    Dieu et les Dames

had a bobcat in 22 lr - unrealiable no matter what i did. i was lucky to trade it for an old model s&w m60. i had an old jetfire, though, that was flawless.

my parents have a couple tomcats. They got them as a recommendation, but I have only shot a handful of rounds, and they haven't shot as much as I wish they would. But they seem to be decent. I wished they had gotten a p3at or LCP, but oh welll...
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links