Kahr MK9 loading magazine

This is a discussion on Kahr MK9 loading magazine within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just came home from the toy store with a used MK9. I have not even shot it yet and I have a question. I ...

Thread: Kahr MK9 loading magazine

Kahr MK9 loading magazine

I just came home from the toy store with a used MK9. I have not even shot it yet and I have a question.
    I tried to load the flush (six round) magazine and no matter what I try I can not get that sixth cartridge in. I took it apart and it looks fine, put it back together and still can not get that sixth round to go even with a loader. What am I doing wrong? Could the magazine have the wrong size spring? This is a used gun. The seven round magazine does take seven. I am using Fiocci hollow points.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Check the two followers side by side, see if someone might have put the wrong follower in it. Is the 7 round mag easy to load? Is it possible the springs got switched? Ammo should not matter since that is 9mm casings are the same regardless of manufacturer.

Right you were!

Thank you archer51!
    I didn't think to take the 7 round mag apart but having read your message I did and the springs were switched. Both magazines load fine now. Hopefully I will be able to go shoot this little gem tomorrow. The shop where I bought this has a gunsmith, I wonder who would have switched them.

MK9's are great pistols. Mine is crazy accurate, even with +P CorBons in it. Heavy little buggers too but I've never had a FTF or any other problem and would bet my life on that little pistol any day of the week.
    SE Texas Patriot Guard Rider, NRA Patron, TSRA Life Member

MK9 first trip to the range

I went to the range and fired the little MK9 today. It may take me a couple more trips to really feel comfortable with it. It shot fine and my groups were fairly tight. The recoil was not nearly as bad as I had expected, but there were a few minor jams. Failure to eject on one, and failure to get the cartridge in the chamber a few times. Each time it only took a second to overcome. I was warned that it would take some time to get used to this pistol. When I concentrated on keeping my arm stiff there were no problems. I also shoot a Ruger SR9 and have never had any of these problems with it, but a gun this small may be more prone to these things.
    All in all I was happy with the MK9 and I am confident after a couple more boxes of ammo I will have a feel for the little gun. I need to get it up to 100 percent so I can carry it confidently. Oh and yes it is so comfortable to carry in a IWB holster!

Links