Carry for Driver.

This is a discussion on Carry for Driver. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This has probably been discussed before and then buried somewhere in this forum, but I'm looking for some advice. I drive Limousines and wear a ...

Thread: Carry for Driver.

Carry for Driver.

This has probably been discussed before and then buried somewhere in this forum, but I'm looking for some advice.
    I drive Limousines and wear a fitted suit daily. I am seated/driving for about 6-10 hours a shift. I do lots of airport drives and am often required to be inside the terminals to meet clients. I prefer not having to transfer from holster to glove box every time, but I don't want to deal with different interpretations of regulations regarding (Utah) airport security.
    With these facts in mind, I need advice on a safe, comfortable and inconspicuous rig.
    Thanks in advance.

Oops, currently hiding Bersa Thunder in .380

2. Remove Ads

How about an IWB with a clip, so removing it is easy.
    Mr Softy

Or an OWB with snaps.
    Skin Deep
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by BoozeKill View Post
    This has probably been discussed before and then buried somewhere in this forum, but I'm looking for some advice.
    I drive Limousines and wear a fitted suit daily. I am seated/driving for about 6-10 hours a shift. I do lots of airport drives and am often required to be inside the terminals to meet clients. I prefer not having to transfer from holster to glove box every time, but I don't want to deal with different interpretations of regulations regarding (Utah) airport security.
    With these facts in mind, I need advice on a safe, comfortable and inconspicuous rig.
    Thanks in advance.

Oops, currently hiding Bersa Thunder in .380

First consider no matter what, you don't want to get arrested and/or lose your carry rights, so I'd be sure to know the Laws on carry at the Airport, here in Atlanta, Court just ruled inside Airport a no no. But as for comfort and conceal while driving, I carry a Para Carry 9 in a Smartcarry holster, very comfortable, no print, easy access, Just my 2 cents
    Never leave home alone

Crap, I just realized I posted in the wrong forum.
    Could anyone be made aware and move it for me?

If it were me, it would be a shoulder holster. Specifically, the Galco Miami Classic. Just my .02

If you just need to have one handy, but out of sight, you might try attaching one to the bottom of the dash or in between the seats. I have seen an in-vehicle concealment holster that went between the seats, just can't remember where.

Look at Mitch Rosen...they have a Counter Carjacking Rig. Looks ideal for the kind of thing your doing, or their Transverse.

mitch rosen gunleather
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

If you can afford it, have you considered having your suit altered to your firearm. Just a thought. That is when you find a holster that is comfortable.
    Expecting a carjacker or rapist or drug pusher to care that his possession or use of a gun is unlawful is like expecting a terrorist to care that his car bomb is taking up two parking spaces.-Joseph T. Chew

To answer your question correctly, tell us what gun you have or want. Thanks.
    NRA, IDPA, GSSF & GSSA member
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by drs1457 View Post
    To answer your question correctly, tell us what gun you have or want. Thanks.

Whoops! Bersa Thunder 380, got it. Shoulder holster is my recommendation followed by ankle holster.
    NRA, IDPA, GSSF & GSSA member
    Certified Glock Armorer

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    As a truck driver I can tell you that while in the vehicle a ankle holster or cross draw holster are the most accessible.

Look at Center Of Mass Central for a safe to put your gun while in the airport.

I do not know the rules of the airport so I can't help you there sorry.

Thanks all for your opinions! I'm currently using a barrel-down shoulder holster, left side. Gonna try this for another month and see how the comfort level is.

Just the thing...
    Check out Fist's holsters...See 'Related Links' above...find Fist...check out holsters my category...find Cross Draw to Driving...easily removed...might work for you.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links