Tell me about the compact Sig 220 DAK

This is a discussion on Tell me about the compact Sig 220 DAK within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I looked at and really like this gun I'm referring to the all black Sig p220 compact with light rail,bobbed hammer and the DAK trigger ...

Thread: Tell me about the compact Sig 220 DAK

Tell me about the compact Sig 220 DAK

I looked at and really like this gun I'm referring to the all black Sig p220 compact with light rail,bobbed hammer and the DAK trigger I think it is,its DAO with no decocker. Anyone here have one of these guns? if so how has it performed? I know the reliability of the full size P220 is well kno,but are there any issues to with these shorter P220's?

Its a used gun and the asking price is $600 OTD it is like brand new in the box and has both magazines and all Sig manuals,it this a good price for this gun? I figure this gun will conceal pretty easily IWB thanks for any feed back guys.

2. Remove Ads

With a SIG classic (P-series), any size, reliability is seldom an issue. The important factors are that YOU like the gun and that YOU are comfortable with it. I'm not a fan of the DAK trigger, but I know many on here are. It's a subjective thing and it just takes getting acclimated to the two reset points. The compact P220 is, essentially, the old P245 - I believe the mags are still marked that way - a nice size carry gun. The price you quoted sounds good - of course what do I know, I live in NJ where everything is more expensive. Just do it. Remember though, you can never have just one SIG. Enjoy.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

VIP Member
    the price is good, I don't like the DAK trigger but you may (it's subjective)
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

What is DAK trigger?
    EDC's Colt Defender 45 acp and S&W 442 .38
    Springfield XD 45 acp
    Ruger SR9
    Ruger Super RedHawk .44 mag
    mossberg 590 12 gauge tactical
    bushmaster AR15-M4

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan4x4 View Post
    What is DAK trigger?
    DAK stands for Double Action Kellerman after the man who developed it. Its a a double action trigger that has two different reset points for the trigger, as well as a lower trigger pull weight. It has second strike capability. It is a very smooth but long trigger pull. I like it, especially in a defensive handgun. It greatly reduces accidental discharges. It does take some getting used to but I like it as much of not more than DA/SA.
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Lead Moderator
    The 220 series is nice because you can get any trigger system SIG makes. I have a "special" 220 Carry in SAO, and it's a 5 lb very smooth trigger pull. So see if you cah somehow try the different trigger systems and get the one you like best! The one you looked at sounds like a decent deal.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

If it were me, I'd buy it. But then, I had a P220 full-size that I sold and regretted almost immediately. The only thing I didn't like was the DA/SA trigger. I've been looking for a good used example in DAK.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Links