Bedroom gun - Page 2

Bedroom gun

This is a discussion on Bedroom gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Very nice Sig. Wouldn't mind owing one of those myself. I have several HD weapons close by. S & W 39-2 9mm, Rossi M68 38spl. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bedroom gun

Very nice Sig. Wouldn't mind owing one of those myself.

I have several HD weapons close by.

S & W 39-2 9mm, Rossi M68 38spl. and the venerable S & W Model 19 .357 Combat Magnum. The Univeral Arms .30 Carbine w/30 rd mag might be used in an extreme emergency. Short, light and has plenty of firepower.

I believe any one of these would do the trick when confronting a thug in the early morning hours.

I keep my AR15 by the bed loaded with 75gr 5.56 TAP.. It has an Surefire M3 attached to the rail, offset. I also have my carry gun (Kimber SIS or Custom II) in a clip-on holster. I always have a Surefire E2D LED or Surefire Backup ready too.

I don't know about anyone else, but most people are shooting at the light source, so I like the option of a separate light for searching... The M3 on my rifle is for a quick flash for target identification. I prefer to use my handgun with a handheld light.

I like the idea of weapon mounted lights, but I feel that weapon mounted lights are for helping you to see your target, not find it..Using a weapon mounted light takes some training, preferably in some sort of shoot-house. That 5 pound trigger becomes MUCH lighter under stress..

We live in one of the nicer areas of Corpus Christi, but there's been a good number of home invasions with multiple attackers. So, I've started keeping the AR a little more handy and keeping my carry gun on me even when I'm in the house.. It stays close by when it's time to relax at night with my family and watch a movie or play some games, etc.

I run my business from my home and am here a good amount of the time...and so is my 4-year-old daughter. I' not taking any chances. These viscous animals are ruthless, so that's how I'm prepared to handle them.

Anyway....there's no one solution. Multiple lights are a great idea. Holding a weapon mounted light at your own Center of Mass may not ALWAYS be the best option! Congrats of the Sig, they make such great guns!

Here's a pic of the "around my house and ready to go" stuff - I need to throw an optic on my AR and get rid of the handle, but can't decide between an Aimpoint M4, that new 1 CR123 EOTech or an ACOG with the Docter Red Dot... I kind of like open sights with the tritium and will do for competition here, but I just love optics!

Jonathan
    Last edited by jonconsiglio; March 17th, 2009 at 04:26 PM.

fwm

Bedroom Guns

HIS

HERS

No lights. Keep a small night light on in each room and when awakened in the middle of the night I can see fine. I DON'T want a light on my gun pointing back to my location.

IMHO gun lights are only useful in mass, when the are at least 4 lights in four directions, with a pair of eyes and a gun for each. Anything less lets the bad guy circle you and 'dark' side you, while you stand out like an inviting target.

1. Mossberg 500 12ga, 18" barrel w/00 Buck (Close eyes and fire in direction of travel)
    2. Back-up: Sig P226 w/ 20 round Mag (Close Eyes and empty mag in direction of the whimpering BG)
    3. Back-up to Sig 226: Sig P239 9mm with LASER Sights (Close eyes and empty Mag in case of squeak by BG)
    4. Back-up to 239: S&W .357 Mag w/ God awful Buffalo Bore HP Loads (Close eyes and empty cylinder in case BG asks to leave this world because items 1-3 are unbearable). Mercy Rule....so to speak
    ...T. Ray

My bedside baby.

If the BG don't run out the door when he hears this rack, he deserves to be shot.

That's nice!

Nice gun
    Semper Fi

Springfield xd .45acp with x2 laser and light attached and my mossberg 590 12 gauge 3 feet away ,just in-case
    EDC's Colt Defender 45 acp and S&W 442 .38
    Springfield XD 45 acp
    Ruger SR9
    Ruger Super RedHawk .44 mag
    mossberg 590 12 gauge tactical
    bushmaster AR15-M4

Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    I have to agree with the shotty comments. A handgun is all fine and well, but when you're about to wet yourself, are shaking like a leaf, and telling your panicked wife to call 911 while still blinking sleep from your eyes, I have to say that the good ol' 870 strikes me as being a bit on the superior side.

Maybe it's the 26 bullets per pull of the trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but most people are shooting at the light source, so I like the option of a separate light for searching... The M3 on my rifle is for a quick flash for target identification. I prefer to use my handgun with a handheld light.

I like the idea of weapon mounted lights, but I feel that weapon mounted lights are for helping you to see your target, not find it..
    +1 here. I have my Surefire flashlight and hold it off at least a foot left of my body on those few occasions when I did a clearing exercise after hearing something I shouldn't. Last thing I want is to give the BG a perfect target at either my shooting hand or head if I'm staring down the barrel. I clear the house with a pistol, I hole up in the bedroom with my Winchester with 7 rounds of 0000 buck.
    SE Texas Patriot Guard Rider, NRA Patron, TSRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links