Any Luv for the FNP?

This is a discussion on Any Luv for the FNP? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Guys, this is one gun that rarely gets mentioned here. What's up with that? What do you think of these?...both as a carry piece and ...

Thread: Any Luv for the FNP?

Any Luv for the FNP?

Guys, this is one gun that rarely gets mentioned here. What's up with that? What do you think of these?...both as a carry piece and as just an all around shooter?
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

2. Remove Ads

While I don't own one, I have held them and the seem like very nice guns. If I were to buy one right now it would probably be the 5.7 since that round is somewhat easily found and since I already have a 45 and 40. As far as a carry piece I'm not sure, but for home defense and a range gun they seem like they'd be great. Just MHO.
    -Cody-

HK USP Tactical 45
    HK P2000SK .40, LEM, Night Sights

Any Luv for the FNP?

Nope. Not one bit.

Hmm. check this out: FNP 40 Cal Review [Archive] - THR
    NRA, IDPA, GSSF & GSSA member
    Certified Glock Armorer

1951 - 2011
    Taking a Look at the FNP9 Pistol

The FNP45 shot nicely for me in the one example I've fired. Felt recoil was quite low, less than I expected.

I like the .357 but we have no dealers in the area to look at one much less purchase one. They look like a pretty well built gun though.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I bought a FNP9 2 yrs. ago. It's been flawless for the 900-1000 rds I've fired. I would recommend it to anyone who likes the feel & action.DA/SA. The price was right also.
    That said, it's not my favorite handgun. I prefer my M&P9 & XD9. I prefer the action. Just pull the trigger & always the same feel. Also' they're a little slimmer in the grip, which I prefer.

VIP Member
    I carry an FNP-9. Luv enough for you?
    No glitches, no issues. Has gone through 2 IDPA state matches and I have no idea how many local. Not a hiccup. Light reliable and accurate... I can't say the same thing for the owner.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    Light reliable and accurate... I can't say the same thing for the owner.
    God bless our troops!

I carry a FNP9M (pictured) and have a FNP9. Both have over 2000rds w/o first jam. If you like DA/SA autos, they're great.

EAJ
    I enjoy my FNP 9M Browning PRO-9. :)

VIP Member
    I rented an FNP.40 last week at my local range, and really didn't like it. The gripwas really thick (for me), and the trigger wasn't as smooth as I am used to ( I shoot Sigs most of the time). I like the DA/SA, but not their decocker, when used, it allows the hammer to SLAM up. However safe or unsafe it may be, I prefer Sigs decocker over ALL others I've tried. It allows the operator to raise the hammer as slowly or quickly as they prefer, it makes makes me feel safer wheather or not there is actually a difference in safety. I was also much less accurate with the FNP.40 than two other rental .40s (Sig P229, Sig P239)
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

I like the look and feel of this gun alot, but that hammer just ruins it for me. It makes it seem like a dollar toy cap gun. Mr. Camp calls it "tingy". I agree. I just doesn't have that solid feel that I like.

I wanted to luv it, but I just can't. :cry:
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

My young bride has had the FNP-9 for some years, and it's a great handgun. Easy to operate, comfortable to shoot, quite accurate, lightweight and 100% reliable.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

I have seen and held an FNP in two calibers.

I don't care for two different trigger systems in the same course of fire, but that's just me. I think FN makes the finest autoloader out there already, but that's just me.

I really wish FN would do more to bring their finest handgun in to the 21st Century by using some of the technology and features of the FNP, but that's because I want to see more people recognize the High Power as the great weapon it is. I recognize that I can late to this realization, and I'm trying to make up for that before it's too late.

Biker

Links