I cant find a SIG 220 to save my life!!!

This is a discussion on I cant find a SIG 220 to save my life!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok... So I decided to quit whining about it, and take the advice given to me here. I found a 220R Carry, Black, w/ nite-sights ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I cant find a SIG 220 to save my life!!!

Ok... So I decided to quit whining about it, and take the advice given to me here. I found a 220R Carry, Black, w/ nite-sights DA/SA in stock at Topgunsupply.com Im gonna go to one of the local dealers tommorow to find out how much it will cost for me to do the transfer.

How should I go about this? Buy the gun first, then go to the FFL and agree on price and have them fax Topgunsupply(TGS) whatever it is that they send them? Or should I go talk things over with the FFL first then pay for the handgun? Ive never done this and Im a bit confused about what I need to bring the FFL so they can tell TGS which firearm it is, etc.

P.S. thanks for the help so far everyone!!
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

2. Remove Ads

The first thing you would want to do is shop your local gun stores for transfer prices. Some dealers don't mind doing this service, while others are stinkers. Prices are all over the board anywhere from 15 to 50 dollars. I charge 25 which seems to be the going rate around Columbus.

Then have the transfer agent fax or email a copy of their FFL to the store your buying from. Then, buy the gun.

I've had Sigs on order since mid January, and never seen worse production scheduling. Their latest promise is first week in April. I'm down to my last two P220's.

VIP Member
    Well, one thing is for sure: once you do find one, you can count on it being there to save your life!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Definitely snatch that up. It is a fine weapon. I have a p228 I love. A friend of mine was a US marshal when they still were allowed to carry what they pretty much wanted personally owned. He only would carry a p220. He "wore his out" and went an bought another. He is a former Army Ranger and Special Operations Group member with the Marshals. Very nice weapon. I anticipate it being one of my many .45s.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

If you want a really good deal look for a CPO Sig (cerified pre-owned). They are completely refurbished and many are in unfired condition. Go to the Sig website and in Products-Pistols-Certified Pre-owned, you will find a search function for dealers near you.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    I have found a number of 220's online. The only problem according to my dealer is that NYS requires that spent casings from the gun be cataloged in the system. Most other states dont require that it be done, and from what he says it can be a big hassle to go about it......
    The last two Glocks I bought had the casings in an envelope and they came shipped with the gun. I believe it's done by all manufacturers and included with the gun when it ships from the factory, could be wrong though.

I purchased a stoeger cougar and it included a casing, I was wondering why. My friend purchased an HK P2000 and it also included a casing as well. This is in Michigan, so I'm guessing all guns come from the factory with a casing?

So just a little update: I have found a 220 Carry SAS (GenI) DAK! This is the one ive been looking for all along. Found it under GunsAmerica.com's site. I contacted him today and he was down in Florida, and wont be back in Jersey till this weekend. This isnt a private seller he has his FFL, and a small website.

The gun has never been fired but it was owned by someone before. Does this make it a used gun or is it still new? If its technically used thats great, that way I can avoid any issues with not having the fired casings for NYS (not required for used guns). If not hopefully its got the casings with it.
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    The onus is on your FFL upon receiving the weapon to meet the state requirements. If he isn't comfortable with that gun being used, he'll probably turn down the transfer if it doesn't have a fired casing.

As it's a SIG, it should be considered used if it doesn't have the blue and white SIG tape on the grip. You can ask the seller if that is there, or if it can be removed since it is a previously owned weapon. Good luck getting that gun for yourself.

zbock---no, not all manufacturers do that, and not all manufacturers do that for all of their guns. For example, I have been trying to get one of the Two-step SIG P220 .22LR guns. I have contacted several out of state sellers and been told that SIG is not yet shipping them with fired casings. why? Because isn't selling them yet in states that require ballistics fingerprinting. It's like going through the hoops to be CA/MA/MD/NY compliant. It costs the manufacturer money to jump through those hoops, so they don't usually do it for first release of a gun.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links