I cant find a SIG 220 to save my life!!!

This is a discussion on I cant find a SIG 220 to save my life!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im currently holding on to a sig 220 Carry SAS GenII for a friend of mine until he gets his license. (Since Ive had this ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I cant find a SIG 220 to save my life!!!

I cant find a SIG 220 to save my life!!!

Im currently holding on to a sig 220 Carry SAS GenII for a friend of mine until he gets his license. (Since Ive had this thing I have fallen in love with it!) I had ordered my own back in November and it turns out that the gun was likely never ordered and the guy was actually going out of business, and potentially trying to scam everyone. Anyhow I got my money back, and Ive been on the look out ever since but I have called every gun store in my area that I can find and not a single one has any new 220's in stock!! The only ones are well used ones without nite-sights, worn barrels, slides etc. How is this possible?!?!

So should I just sit around and wait for someone to get one in stock which could be months from what everyone tells me. Or should I start looking for something else? Ive had my heart set on this thing for so long.
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

2. Remove Ads

That's odd. Saw a P220 for sale in today's newspaper online. Figure it's gone by now.
    SIGSAUER P220. 45 automatic with night sites. $500. (479)527-6422 Fayetteville
    The Morning News: Classifieds

Dealer up here in Wisconsin has 3 of them (had 4 - but bought one!) They are used - but all in great shape. 1 was actually not even fired.

There is a page full on Gunbroker, includung an SAS model.

ranburr

Try Firearms, Guns, Rifles. Grain Valley, Missouri., He had all flavors on there even some CPOs
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Yeah just checked there and there are several including an SAO Carry model.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I have two new ones for sale myself. A P220 carry, and a P220 regular, both with night sights.

VIP Member
    Even if you can't find a new one right now, IT'S WELL WORTH THE WAIT! I love my P220 two-tone DS/SA with night sights and Hogue rubber grips. It is the finest pistol I have EVER fired.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Lead Moderator
    Look on SIGs official site, they have a list of "official" dealers and see if there is one in your area.

When I wanted a SIG 556 my SIG dealer called SIG directly and I had it in about 2 weeks.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    SIG is back-ordered out the ying-yang right now on just about everything it seems; for a lot of stock, they are not even providing estimated shipping dates to their dealers.

Try GunBroker, of course. Also, try Ordnance Outsellers; they carry a lot of SIGs. E-mail jerry@ordnanceoutsellers.com and ask Jerry what his stock is. Top Gun Supply may also have some P220s in stock.
    Last edited by kazzaerexys; March 16th, 2009 at 10:28 PM.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

I have found a number of 220's online. The only problem according to my dealer is that NYS requires that spent casings from the gun be cataloged in the system. Most other states dont require that it be done, and from what he says it can be a big hassle to go about it. Currently Sig does all of that at the factory for an additional price. Another dealer I had spoken to said he had jsut received a partial shipment from sig. He was missing 220's and a few others he had ordered. They told him they were waiting for frames to come in from Germany.
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    Im currently holding on to a sig 220 Carry SAS GenII for a friend of mine until he gets his license. (Since Ive had this thing I have fallen in love with it!) I had ordered my own back in November and it turns out that the gun was likely never ordered and the guy was actually going out of business, and potentially trying to scam everyone. Anyhow I got my money back, and Ive been on the look out ever since but I have called every gun store in my area that I can find and not a single one has any new 220's in stock!! The only ones are well used ones without nite-sights, worn barrels, slides etc. How is this possible?!?!
    So should I just sit around and wait for someone to get one in stock which could be months from what everyone tells me. Or should I start looking for something else? Ive had my heart set on this thing for so long.
    So you haven't told your friend about the tragic boating accident yet?

He will be so disappointed when you refund his money ,
    buy him a case of Imported Brew to dull the pain.

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Quote Originally Posted by AKsrule View Post
    So you haven't told your friend about the tragic boating accident yet?

He will be so disappointed when you refund his money ,
    buy him a case of Imported Brew to dull the pain.

Undortuantely he knew something like that was coming. He told me before hand to not even think about it. LOL

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I just ordered a P220 Carry new from GunBroker, and it comes with the fired shell casing. You can always ask. Also, if NY is like Maryland, the fired casing requirement only applies to new guns. Buy used. And if you find a new one online that you like, ask the dealer if he will 'function check' the gun by firing a couple of mags through it, then sell it to you as a used gun for the original asking price.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Administrator
    If you find an established seller on GunBroker with a good sales history and excellent feedback then that is a pretty doggone safe transaction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links