These mag bumpers,Which way is right? first 2 pics or 2nd 2 pics??tell me...

This is a discussion on These mag bumpers,Which way is right? first 2 pics or 2nd 2 pics??tell me... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have 6 1911s but am a nubie to the and the up grades,bells and wistles,I bought these Grips off a guy on ebay,in Fla,that ...

Thread: These mag bumpers,Which way is right? first 2 pics or 2nd 2 pics??tell me...

These mag bumpers,Which way is right? first 2 pics or 2nd 2 pics??tell me...

I have 6 1911s but am a nubie to the and the up grades,bells and wistles,I bought these Grips off a guy on ebay,in Fla,that made them,also these mag bumpers came with the grips,which I had never seen anything like theses things before,Well I changed the Grips on mmy Colt Commander,then had bought some mc cormick 8 round mags,with holes allready in the bottom of the mags,he spipped me the screws with the bumpers and grips,first I put them on(Bumpers)matching the bottom of the mags,then when I slipped it in the mag well,it looked funny,the first few pics will show,then I turned them around backwards,which looked alittle better,but still.like norhing id ever seen......,First I need help from you experienced 1911 guys out there,Which way is correct??? and from anybody,what do you think of the bumbers,and which way do you think they look the best,or not at all,so its open to everybody to put there 2 cants in....Thanks for any help and oppions are welcome..

or like this?

my babies

2. Remove Ads

They do look odd, but the latter pics would allow better concealment...the first pics just don't work in my book.

The purpose of the bumper is only to save the bottom of your mag in a quick change of ammo.

Let me add...

You sure would not want your 'bumper' sticking out beyond the front of the grip.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I thought the tapered end was the front.

I guess Ill just have to get use to looking at them like that turning babck around,pointy side forwards,or just take the blooming things off alltogether....

1943 - 2009
    The bumper pads (AKA slam pads) in your first four pics are positioned correctly, which is the way they were designed.

The primary purpose of magazine slam pads is to ensure that a loaded mag is inserted completely during speed reloads. The secondary purpose is to protect the magazine floor plate from damage when you eject a mag and let it drop to the ground.

BTW, the next time you post pics, please resize them before posting them.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...o-posting.html

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

VIP Member
    The first pictures have them installed correctly by the manufacturer. However if they fit the other way, and that is how you prefer them I see no problem. My only suggestion is if you have 1 reversed, have them all reversed. Without looking I can tell the orientation of a magazine by the base pad. If you are use to doing that you could try to insert the magazine in the gun backwards if you have a mixture on them.

Links