Glock trigger question:

Glock trigger question:

This is a discussion on Glock trigger question: within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Glock trigger question: Has anyone ever had issues with the safe action lever on a Glock trigger. Not from a function stand point. When shooting ...

Thread: Glock trigger question:

Glock trigger question:

Glock trigger question: Has anyone ever had issues with the safe action lever on a Glock trigger. Not from a function stand point. When shooting my G26, after I grasp the gun in the holster, draw and start to acquire the target. I seem to keep pushing on the side of the safe action lever a little bit. It kind of hangs up a little. Like itís cockeyed or something. I can always work past it but it gets in my head. Donít ever have this problem on my G23, friends glocks or either of my XDís. I donít see anything different or wrong with my G26 but time and time again I do it. Itís driving me nuts.
    CCW: Never get killed for lack of shooting back!

No problems with my 26 ran over 1150 rounds thru in last week end without 1 hick-up.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    It could be that it fits differently in your hand and you're pulling the trigger back "sideways" instead of straight back. Concentrate on pulling straight back and see if that makes any difference.

VIP Member
    Pulling straight back could help.....or get a gun without a trigger "safety"
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Sounds like you need to establish a different grip (your hand may not be far enough around the gun to get decent trigger position).

Try this: Make a "Y" with your strong hand and forearm, the thumb being one arm of the Y and the fingers and palm the other. Bisect the angle with your unloaded gun. Put your finger on the trigger where you want it, and make the rest fit, as high on the grip as possible.

If that changed your grip, we may have solved your trigger problem.

By the way, does it tend to shoot low/left for you?

Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Quote Originally Posted by HK Dan View Post
    Sounds like you need to establish a different grip (your hand may not be far enough around the gun to get decent trigger position).

Try this: Make a "Y" with your strong hand and forearm, the thumb being one arm of the Y and the fingers and palm the other. Bisect the angle with your unloaded gun. Put your finger on the trigger where you want it, and make the rest fit, as high on the grip as possible.

If that changed your grip, we may have solved your trigger problem.

By the way, does it tend to shoot low/left for you?

Dan
    I do have a bit of a problem with the little glock in my hand. I shoot spot on with it but I don't like my pinky under the gun butt. I like a longer grip.
    CCW: Never get killed for lack of shooting back!

There are several diffrent makers of base plates that can be added so your pinky has a place to go.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    There are several diffrent makers of base plates that can be added so your pinky has a place to go.
    Here's one:

Pearce Grip -- Glock Grip Accessories -- Main Page

It does increase the "height" of your weapon. Just an FYI.

I do not have that problem with my Glock-26...stop buy and see the 'smith' at your local gun shop...I think you need to have someone 'eyeball' how you're pulling the trigger.
    OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Well, just sittin' here....I had to try really hard, and actually push my G19's trigger sideways to get it to even hint of sticking the lever and hindering rearward movement of the trigger. For the life of me, I can't see how you are having an issue especially with the baby Glock. It could very well be a fluke, and in need of return to Glock or an authorized armorer. I wouldn't say your pistol is in need of breaking in either. I've never had this sort of issue with any of my former or current Glocks which I need both hands to count. Good luck with solving the problem and getting back to the range and less time going nuts.
    BTW...if anyone needs a couple of Pearce +1 pinky pads for the G26/27 magazines, just ask.

take the trigger group out and give it a good cleaning. eye ball the trigger and check to make sure you don't have any problems with the trigger group. i never had this type of problem with my glocks.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

You're rolling your finger laterally across the trigger, curling it as you would to make a fist.

Suggestions:
    1)consciously practice flexing your index finger from the second joint, keeping the first knuckle pointing straight ahead.

2)if you pull the trigger with your first knuckle (from the tip of the finger), try using the pad of the finger. This makes the aforementioned flexion more natural.

Something to start with...

Quote Originally Posted by 2gunken View Post
    Glock trigger question: Has anyone ever had issues with the safe action lever on a Glock trigger. Not from a function stand point. When shooting my G26, after I grasp the gun in the holster, draw and start to acquire the target. I seem to keep pushing on the side of the safe action lever a little bit. It kind of hangs up a little. Like it’s cockeyed or something. I can always work past it but it gets in my head. Don’t ever have this problem on my G23, friends glocks or either of my XD’s. I don’t see anything different or wrong with my G26 but time and time again I do it. It’s driving me nuts.
    My new (in February) G26 did that, too. It's because the trigger bar wasn't put together correctly, and the trigger safety button comes out too far and hangs up on the trigger button. I wasn't comfortable carrying it that way, so I repaired it before I first fired the gun.

If you're comfortable working on it yourself, swapping in a new trigger bar (around $20) will fix the problem. Otherwise, a Glock armorer will take care of the issue for you. There's always sending it back, but Glock is like 6 weeks behind on their repairs right now. I like the smooth trigger button better anyway, so it worked out for the best for me.

BTW, the subcompacts shoot just fine without grip extensions, once you get used to them. I don't use any sort of extension on mine.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

I have a g 27 40 cal. a subcompact,I got one of these pinky extenisions+1 round,so 10 in mag and 1 in pipe,ffor a back up mag I have a Glock 22, 15 round mag with a sleeve extension at the bottom of the mag to take up the extra space,heres a pice with it in gun.I also have Meprolight Night sights,And Crimson Trace Laser Grips on it and my other EDC is my S&W M&P full size 40 cal.I switchback and forth between these 2,The glock is small and easy to conceal,then sometimes,I lik the larger M&P 40.Heres there pics
    and the extended mags

What...no badge yet?
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

Sponsored Links