Ruger GP100

Ruger GP100

This is a discussion on Ruger GP100 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have any experience with the GP 100 357 mag. revolver from Ruger. I handled one of these at a gun show and think the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger GP100

Ruger GP100

Anyone have any experience with the GP 100 357 mag. revolver from Ruger. I handled one of these at a gun show and think the grip and balance is perfect, at least for me.
    "If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

Samuel Adams

whw
    Hello,

The GP100 is a great gun that will last a lifetime, plus some. I have the 3 inch, fixed sight model. I've been very pleased with the ruggedness and accuracy. It seems to get smoother each time I shoot it.

Good luck to you. I think you will be happy with the GP.

whw

Quote Originally Posted by TX Husker Fan View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the GP 100 357 mag. revolver from Ruger. I handled one of these at a gun show and think the grip and balance is perfect, at least for me.
    Yes. Great gun. Mine is a 4" but I use the wood panel grips that used to be made for the 3" fixed sight model. They seem to fit me better and I like the look. If you are into 357 Magnum the GP100 is a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by whw View Post
    Hello,

The GP100 is a great gun that will last a lifetime, plus some. I have the 3 inch, fixed sight model. I've been very pleased with the ruggedness and accuracy. It seems to get smoother each time I shoot it.

Good luck to you. I think you will be happy with the GP.

whw
    Thats exactly which one I'm considering. Seen it at a gun show here in Dallas for around $490. I have yet to own a revolver, for some reason just want one! LOL Plus I like the idea that for target shooting the cheaper 38 special ammo will work for it also.
    "If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

Samuel Adams

I used to have one years ago when they first came out. Tough as a tank and shot great to boot!
    God & Guns!

I shot one the other weekend. What a nice gun! shoots great, accurate, and it really is perfectly balanced.
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

I have owned one for some time now and they are a solid gun. Well balanced and very durable. Mine pulls bedroom duty for the wife and I. It isn't particular about ammo and likes both 125 and 158 grain HP's equally well. I use .38 for practice times. You should own one if you need serious .357 work done.

Being that S&W went and put the Hillary Hole in all their new Revolvers, Ruger is my preferred defensive revolver.

I have a 3" and a 4" GP100. The 4" is a "Game Gun" and the 3" is my "primary" when I'm packing revolvers concealed. The triggers aren't as nice as the older Smiths, but they aren't bad with a little work.

I also like the fact that the gun is "hell for stout".

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    I shot one the other weekend. What a nice gun! shoots great, accurate, and it really is perfectly balanced.
    Thats what I thought from handling it. Seems build very solid and great balance.

Samuel Adams

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I have a GP100 6" stainless and love it, great shooter, well balanced and just plain fun to take to the range.
    I'm probably going to end up with a 3" soon, if not the other choice would be a S&W 686P with the 3 inch barrel.
    Oh heck, maybe I'll get both
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

VIP Member
    I have one that I bought the year Ruger introduced it, blue 4" barrel adjustable sights. Great gun, built strong and is accurate. Would make a good open carry gun, but a little bulky for concealing in my opinion.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    I have a GP100 6" stainless and love it, great shooter, well balanced and just plain fun to take to the range.
    I'm probably going to end up with a 3" soon, if not the other choice would be a S&W 686P with the 3 inch barrel.
    Oh heck, maybe I'll get both
    Love the way you think!!

Built like a tank...you'll love it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    I have rather large hands and have found my GP-100 SS to be a perfect fit. One thing that I really like is that if you run out of ammo it would make a perfect club.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

...and Gemini Customs can also add a little spit and polish and the GP100 turns into the ultimate revolver.

It all comes down to going down the dark holes after monsters. Thatís what itís all about; when everyone else is huddled around the campfire, somebody has to go out and fight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links