XD9SC for CCW? - Page 2

XD9SC for CCW?

This is a discussion on XD9SC for CCW? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; XD9SC is a great gun. What I do not like about it for CCW are these things, it is thick,it is not light. If I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XD9SC for CCW?

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    XD9SC is a great gun. What I do not like about it for CCW are these things, it is thick,it is not light. If I had it to do over I would look for a gun with a single stack magazine.

The XD9sc is a perfectly good ccw if you feel comfortable with it, can carry it effectively and shoot it proficiently.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I really believe that people should be able to handle well what thye carry and that they are proficient with it. In other words if you are proficient with the 9mm then by all means carry it and don't worry about the "stopping power" of a .40. Stopping power is not much good if you can't hit what you are shooting at. I have a XD40 but I generally do not carry it in favor of the smaller lighter Bersa 380 or S&W 442 J-frame.
    JimH
    Kentucky
    S&W 442, Bersa 380, S&W 9mm M&P, Springfield XD40c
    Member: NRA, USCCA

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA2669 View Post
    Thank you retsupt for your advice. In all honesty I had not considered ammo price.
    You still want to practice regularly with the gun you plan on carrying, which is where ammo price factors in.

I'm currently in the same boat as you in weighing the pros and cons of 9mm vs. .40 vs. .45. I'm also debating no external safety (glock) vs. thumb safety (beretta etc) vs. button safety (xd etc).

I currently have a G19 as my only "defense caliber" semi, but am trying to decide on a sub compact for concealed carry. I'm leaning towards the G26 since it would/could use the same magazines and ammo as my G19, and 9mm is what I am most comfortable shooting right now.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants;

If you shoot the 9mm better than the .40S&W by all means buy the 9mm... I'm another one of those that loves my Glock 26, which is very close to the same size and weight... I just purchased my first Springfield - a XDm9... when Springfield makes a XDm9sc I might be buying one.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Quote Originally Posted by bpa00 View Post
    You still want to practice regularly with the gun you plan on carrying, which is where ammo price factors in.
    Of course I must practice regularly. But whenever I go shooting my friend usually buys the ammo. Don't remember when it got started, but he has always made about twice more monthly than me and he always offers. But thanks for that I actually hadn't thought of it. I'm usually covered ammo wise... Yay for me!
    AT3 (O-Level) United States Navy - NRA Life Member
    "Molan labe! Just try... I'll show you the strength of my conviction... and I'll sleep well that night..."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links