Defensive Carry banner

How old were you when you bought your first gun..and how old are you now?

How old were you when you first bought your gun

4K views 61 replies 61 participants last post by  jkvan87 
#1 ·
and how old are you now?
also- what was your first gun

keltec pf9 and p32

#52 ·
I was 10.
My grandmother borrowed $7.50 for me to buy a Rem 510, which I still have.
A friend who was 12 and I walked the RR tracks from Queen City, TX to Atlanta, Tx and I bought it at a hardware store. We walked back to QC and I stopped by a store where my grandparents had a charge account and bought a box of .22 shorts and we went hunting.

A lot of difference today. But then we did not shoot our teachers and classmates, or even thought about it.

Regards,
Jerry

#55 ·
I bought my first gun when I was 18 and it was a Savage .17 HMR. Me and my best friend both bought the same one. Then he spent about 100 bucks on a scope where I spent about 30. When we went shooting and got our scopes all set up we would call out which clay (we had set up on trees) was the target, then we would pick up the rifle, aim and fire when ready. I always found and hit the target first. Made him all upset. Auahahaa!

#57 ·
My first gun was a gift from my father to himself. For my 4th birthday, he bought himself a Marlin Model 39D. The date of manufacture was the year I was born, and he thought that was cool. I still have it, and I used it to introduce my daughter to shooting this past summer.

The first gun I bought myself was a copy of a Beretta 380. I do not know who actually manufactured it. I was 17. I paid $100.

My first legally purchased gun was a Glock 22, the day after I turned 21.

#58 ·
My first gun was a WASR 10/16, bought the day of my 18th birthday. Obama had just won the election and they told me I was buying the last WASR the company had at the time. Went in a few months later to pick up a shotgun and the price on WASRs had gone up $150 since I got mine a few months earlier. I am 18 currently.

#60 ·
First Gun I bought was a H&K USP .40 Compact, after I graduated from Basic Training had to have my old man buy it for my I was 17. Then I bought a Bushmaster M-4. Then a wonderful Springfield XD .45 GAP since they didnt have a frame for the ACP yet. Then I got a GLock 21 and in the past 3 months I have bought an XD .40 Service Model and my Taurus PT1911. Thank you Federal Gov't for my taxes return. Oh and the wife has OK'd another purchase since I just bought her a new car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.