How old were you when you first bought your gun - Page 4

How old were you when you first bought your gun

This is a discussion on How old were you when you first bought your gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Bought my first rifle at age 17. It was a Marlin 30/30 lever action. I loved that rifle as it was my first. Thing is, ...

View Poll Results: How old were you when you bought your first gun..and how old are you now?

Voters
203. You may not vote on this poll
  • first gun at 15-18

75 36.95%
  • first gun at 18-21

49 24.14%
  • first gun at 21-28

53 26.11%
  • first gun at 28-40

11 5.42%
  • first gun at 40 and up

5 2.46%
  • you are 15-18 yrs old

3 1.48%
  • you are 18-21 yrs old

8 3.94%
  • you are 21-28 years old

18 8.87%
  • you are 28-35 years old

23 11.33%
  • you are 35-45 years old

23 11.33%
  • you are 45-60 years old

36 17.73%
  • you have written your will...60^

9 4.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Bought my first rifle at age 17. It was a Marlin 30/30 lever action. I loved that rifle as it was my first. Thing is, is was stoles after I only put 40 rounds through it. It was going to be my deer rifle, but I got so discouraged that I have yet to go deer hunting or even purchase another centerfire rifle. Plus, 5 years in the Marines and I had plenty of time to shoot with a rifle. I am now 31 and working on building up my collection.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Bought mine at age 11. Took all of my hard earned allowances and newspaper delivery money. My mother had to actually "purchase" the gun but the money was all mine. I didnt vote in the poll.

Remington 870 Wingmaster 12ga. Purchased in 1970 for $99 at the local hardware store.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

My first gun was a 22 Marlin the my dad got me when I was 7 and we moved to Panama. I am 53 now and have a fair sized collection of firearms, including several for my 17 and 12 year old sons, ( that I store in a gun safe, accessible only by me).

i was given a 7mm mauser and a 12 guage.

32, I bought a Beretta 92 D for a 21st B-day present to myself. Then I got a Tomcat (.32) for daily carry. I've since upgraded the EDC to a Glock 27.

First handgun I bought was a Taurus PT-92. First rifle a Marlin 60. First shotgun a Mossy 500. Can't recall which I bought first. Got all of them within a week or two of each other.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I was 10.
    My grandmother borrowed $7.50 for me to buy a Rem 510, which I still have.
    A friend who was 12 and I walked the RR tracks from Queen City, TX to Atlanta, Tx and I bought it at a hardware store. We walked back to QC and I stopped by a store where my grandparents had a charge account and bought a box of .22 shorts and we went hunting.

A lot of difference today. But then we did not shoot our teachers and classmates, or even thought about it.

Regards,
    Jerry

Ruger Mark II .22, quickly followed by a Ruger Blackhawk, and Ruger 10/22

First gun bought for me was a Savage 20 gauge single barrel shotgun when I was 11. I still have it. First one I bought was a H&R top break revolver in .38 S&W. Still have it, too.

I bought my first gun when I was 18 and it was a Savage .17 HMR. Me and my best friend both bought the same one. Then he spent about 100 bucks on a scope where I spent about 30. When we went shooting and got our scopes all set up we would call out which clay (we had set up on trees) was the target, then we would pick up the rifle, aim and fire when ready. I always found and hit the target first. Made him all upset. Auahahaa!
    AT3 (O-Level) United States Navy - NRA Life Member
    "Molan labe! Just try... I'll show you the strength of my conviction... and I'll sleep well that night..."

at age 21. a S&W 38 police special 2" barrel, stainless steel. still have it.
    Save a Greyhound. Adopt one.

My first gun was a gift from my father to himself. For my 4th birthday, he bought himself a Marlin Model 39D. The date of manufacture was the year I was born, and he thought that was cool. I still have it, and I used it to introduce my daughter to shooting this past summer.

The first gun I bought myself was a copy of a Beretta 380. I do not know who actually manufactured it. I was 17. I paid $100.

My first legally purchased gun was a Glock 22, the day after I turned 21.
    Washington Post 06/28/2010 re: Supreme Court Decision
    "The court's decision means that the enigmatically worded Second Amendment... identifies an individual right to gun ownership, like the freedom of speech, that cannot be unduly restricted by Congress, state laws or city ordinances. "

My first gun was a WASR 10/16, bought the day of my 18th birthday. Obama had just won the election and they told me I was buying the last WASR the company had at the time. Went in a few months later to pick up a shotgun and the price on WASRs had gone up $150 since I got mine a few months earlier. I am 18 currently.
    GUN CONTROL IS USING BOTH HANDS

I believe its a shoulder thing that goes up - Carolyn McCarthy (D)

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says go away in every language.
    -Clint Smith

Ruger Blackhawk 357
    When a Government become ultra concerned about its citizen's guns its time to beconcerned about the Governments long term plans Me

First Gun I bought was a H&K USP .40 Compact, after I graduated from Basic Training had to have my old man buy it for my I was 17. Then I bought a Bushmaster M-4. Then a wonderful Springfield XD .45 GAP since they didnt have a frame for the ACP yet. Then I got a GLock 21 and in the past 3 months I have bought an XD .40 Service Model and my Taurus PT1911. Thank you Federal Gov't for my taxes return. Oh and the wife has OK'd another purchase since I just bought her a new car.
    A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
    George S. Patton

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links