Defensive Carry banner

info on model 65 s&w?

11K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  bigo5552000 
#1 ·
just wanted to get some info on my s&w model 65-2. like what is the "-2"? when were these produced? were they popular? common?? good bad?? anything u might know that is interesting!! thanks sorry if this is a newbie question!!

thanks

#2 ·
S&W added a "dash number" to the model number to designate an engineering or production change.

In 1977, S&W moved the gas ring from the yoke to the cylinder on the Model 65-1 and re- designated it the Model 65-2.

The Model 65-2 remained in production until 1982, at which time it was re-designated Model 65-3.

Your Model 65-2 is an extremely reliable and accurate revolver. Hang on to it!:yup:

#4 ·
thanks for the info guys!! i picked mine up for $350!! i thought it was a good deal what do u think??

#6 ·
Damn fine gun. I've got one and carry it some. Mine was a Christmas gift about 11 years ago from my brother. His best friend was a Sheriff's Deputy and he bought up a few of these department trade-ins for a great price. My brother bought two from his friend, one for him and one for me.

#9 ·
I would say anywhere between $325-$400 is about right depending on condition......so yours is priced within that range. Keep it, they are only going to appreciate in value. You can't say that about many other things in life!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.