My new Taurus Judge...

My new Taurus Judge...

This is a discussion on My new Taurus Judge... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; is going back to Taurus for warranty work. I've only been to the range twice with it and the trigger occasionally freezes up with the ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By taurus pro

Thread: My new Taurus Judge...

Unhappy My new Taurus Judge...

is going back to Taurus for warranty work. I've only been to the range twice with it and the trigger occasionally freezes up with the hammer in the cocked position. Today an instructor was in the spot next to me and I asked him to take a look at it. He said the action felt gritty and there is something amiss inside. The gunshop advised against using a local gunsmith because it could void the Lifetime Warranty. Taurus wants all repairs done by them. It's a cool gun when it's working right but I don't think I'll be buying another Taurus.

i have two tauras's a pt111 millenium pro 9mm and a 617/ 357 magnum snub nose and i trust them with my life never had a problem with them so dont give up on taurus yet just think lifetime warranty not many companys do that
    Flasher likes this.

Distinguished Member
    I have 2 Judges, no problems, but that's it for Taurus. Very sorry you've got problems. They're pretty nifty guns in the proper place. Good luck w/it. The rest of the Taurus line.....not necessarily for me.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Anything mechanical can have problems. I've seen guys buy $3000 guns and then end up with problems.

The Judge would not by my choice of a weapon, but we all differ on our like and dislikes...otherwise they would only have to make one gun for everyone.

Hang in there and I'm sure it'll be made to work perfectly!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    I had the EXACT same problem on the Judge I bought. I waited about six weeks for the warrenty work and finally gave up on them. My dealer traded me for a Ruger Super Blackhawk instead. Now I'm out shooting and the dealer is waiting for the gun to come back. Once the gun goes back to Taurus, it goes into a black hole where you can't get any information about how long it will be. They don't return calls either.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

I own and have owned several Taurus pistols. The only revolver I owned was a 617 .357 magnum. The trigger on that was quite stiff, and at first I thought something was wrong.

Now, this is what I did, and I'm not advising you to do the same, but I dry fired it, and unknown number of times, and the problem went away.

Has a gunsmith looked at the inner works? The reason I ask, I'm no gunsmith, and I checked mine. But I don't recommend it for everyone. The inside works have some small parts, and if you're not careful, bad things can happen. But if you know a decent gunsmith who could at least look at the inside, you might try that.

I've never had to deal with Taurus' customer service, and (knock on wood) hopefully, will never have to. But that will not stop me from buying their products in the future. I have a PT92AFS that is more than 15 years old, and is still going strong. I depend on it to protect my life daily.

The only reason I've ever sold any of my Taurus made firearms, was when times got tough, and I needed money. Hopefully, that won't happen again, any time soon.

I might get a Judge, strictly for snakeshot or shotshells due to having every single rattlesnake where I live, plus other extremely poisonous snakes.

I had a Taurus M 85 that caused me enough trouble, and time to convince me not to buy another Taurus.

Most have good luck, but my experience was unsatisfactory.

Regards,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    I had a Taurus M 85 that caused me enough trouble, and time to convince me not to buy another Taurus.

Most have good luck, but my experience was unsatisfactory.

Regards,
    Jerry
    Just out of curiosity, if you had a bad Colt or S&W that gave you those problems, would you never buy Colt or S&W again?

Just asking.

Is it the ultra lite model?
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    If you really need it, you will need it really fast. ALWAYS one in the chamber.
    Nuf said!

Quote Originally Posted by cv7713 View Post
    Is it the ultra lite model?
    No, it's a SS Limited (gold trigger, hammer and cylinder release).

Quote Originally Posted by taurus pro View Post
    i have two tauras's a pt111 millenium pro 9mm and a 617/ 357 magnum snub nose and i trust them with my life never had a problem with them so dont give up on taurus yet just think lifetime warranty not many companys do that
    I'm just disappointed right now. I'll see how good their service department is before I make any final decisions. My parents have a Taurus .38 and I guess I'll inherit that someday so technically the Judge won't be my last Taurus.

Links