LCP vs PM9 - Page 2

LCP vs PM9

This is a discussion on LCP vs PM9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I did purchase a Ruger LCP to have while I am saving up the money for a Kahr PM9. I have grown quite fond of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LCP vs PM9

I did purchase a Ruger LCP to have while I am saving up the money for a Kahr PM9. I have grown quite fond of my LCP and have sent the slide and barrel off to Robar to have their NP3 finish applied. I think anytime you can upgrade to a 9mm over a .380 you would be wise to do so.

Having said that, my LCP will be my "always" gun, meaning there will be no excuses for me to be unarmed in the future. I can certainly understand $700.00 (Kahr PM9) versus $330.00 (Ruger LCP) in this economy nowadays, but other than that the Kahr still gives you a better option for self defense.

So I guess what I am saying is get the Kahr PM9 if you can afford it, if not, the Ruger LCP is still a great second choice.
    God bless our troops!

9mm improves your odds significantly.

- OS

After picking up my Kahr PM9 today and having owned 2 lcps. I prefer the Kahr hands down. Yes its a little bigger but I don't see that being much of an issue. The trigger is way better on the kahr.

Quote Originally Posted by bmoney View Post
    After picking up my Kahr PM9 today and having owned 2 lcps. I prefer the Kahr hands down. Yes its a little bigger but I don't see that being much of an issue. The trigger is way better on the kahr.
    Anything is better than nothing. Buy what you can afford and don't look back. In the end most of the post I read about the PM9 is that it becomes their main carry gun. 9mm beats .380 in the horsepower department, but a hit to the CNS with either will do the job.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Its just human nature to try to justify your actions, and people will tend to like what they own over what others own to justify their purchase and reasoning behind making the purchase. So I guess it comes down to this for me.....if the SHTF and I am forced to protect myself or family from a threat while I am CCWing.....what handgun do I want to have on me, if the choice is between an LCP or a PM9 since I can carry both all day if needed comfortably? For me the 9mm pistol is far superior in every way to a .380 just on caliber alone, so that is enough reason for me.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

For spec comparisons try Mouseguns.Com New Index Check out the Pocket Gun chart. It's very useful.
    Ingrid

Small, but deadly.

WOW. Went to a local gun show today, they had quite a few LCP's, saw at least 5 of them, and ever vendor wanted $450+ for them! I told one salesman i would give them $375 and he laughed and said it wasn't worth his time.

Sadly I only saw one PM9 and it was stainless. The price for that IMO was fair at $625. I see what you guys mean, the PM9 is still quite small and should be small enough for pocket carry, but wow, the LCP is just tiny, and feels really like a lesser gun.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators10 View Post
    Yea see im stuck, I realy want/need a pocket carry, but for $700 bucks, would rather buy a new bedroom set, so the cheaper price of the LCP is easier for me to swallow. And the fact I have 200 .380 hollow points and zero 9mm ammo
    That's not the best way to view the cost. Truth is if you don't spend $700 on a PM9, you'll spend $350 on the LCP. So, the real cost of "stepping up" to the PM9 is the difference of $350. You can't get a bedroom set for $350. The real question goes more like: "Is having the Kahr over the LCP worth the extra $350, or would I rather have an LCP and also apply $350 towards half of the overall cost of a new $700 bedroom set?"

Not getting the Kahr won't win you a new bedroom set unless you skip purchasing a new gun altogether. You know that of course, but it helps to think in the correct numbers before basing your decision on an erroneous comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators10 View Post
    WOW. Went to a local gun show today, they had quite a few LCP's, saw at least 5 of them, and ever vendor wanted $450+ for them! I told one salesman i would give them $375 and he laughed and said it wasn't worth his time.

Sadly I only saw one PM9 and it was stainless. The price for that IMO was fair at $625. I see what you guys mean, the PM9 is still quite small and should be small enough for pocket carry, but wow, the LCP is just tiny, and feels really like a lesser gun.
    You mean the gun show in Newberry? While you were down there you should have stopped at Pickett's Weaponry.

By the way, don't disregard the KelTec P-3AT...if you're going the .380 route, but I agree with the above posts that suggest going 9mm.
    (I've had a P-3AT for over 6 years and it always goes 'boom'...easy to hide in a pocket...and a relatively cheap investment in your personal safety. It's not my EDC, but a great BUG or a quick trip to the store in shorts gun.)

Stay armed...with something...stay safe!

Go Gators!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

There was also a gun show also in Fort Pierce :)

Yea they had some real good deals on the P-3AT, saw one for I think $299,

I know they are very similar if not identical to the LCP's, but I just cannot get over the fact of how much nicer the LCP's "seem" to be.

GO GATORS!!!

I own a Kahr PM9 with stainless slide. It has been my pocket carry gun for several years now.

rg

Lightbulb pm9 vs lcp

My edc was the pm9 in a Desantis nemisis pocket holster until I got the lcp.
    The Kahr shoots better but the lcp carries better, I carry the lcp more often than the Kahr.
    I carry the lcp in an uncle mikes sidekick, that also holds an extra mag with a little modification.
    I like both weapons really well.
    A compromise between the two, imho, would be a Kel-tec pf9, for less money than either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links