Compact .40 - Page 3

Compact .40

This is a discussion on Compact .40 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by thebigdl86 Basically im looking for something thats easier to conceal, mailnly the grip length, then my M&P. Not necassarily "compact". But no, ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Compact .40

Quote Originally Posted by thebigdl86 View Post
    Basically im looking for something thats easier to conceal, mailnly the grip length, then my M&P. Not necassarily "compact". But no, i dont want to give up capacity. I would like at least 12 rounds. G23 sounds ok. I may look into it. But from my prior experience with them im not much for "blocks". Maybe ill change my mind. They do offer great concealability with hi-cap. As far as the sigs go, there about the same size as my M&P.
    I conceal my FS M&P 9/.40 with no problems. I use an IWB holster and now as an example I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt never know I was carrying.

I'm a small guy to boot, 5'7" 154lbs.
    John

NRA Life Member
    TSRA

Yes i have looked into the M&P compact. Only holds ten rounds. So you dont have any problems with the grip printing on your full size M&P .40?
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

<-------- Glock 23, light, reliable, and can safely carry 13 + 1.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

"The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth." - Stonewall Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by thebigdl86 View Post
    Yes i have looked into the M&P compact. Only holds ten rounds. So you dont have any problems with the grip printing on your full size M&P .40?
    My FS .40 or my FS 9 have no problem printing. I even have an XD .45 almost same size as our FS M&Ps except a tad bit wider and not problem printing.

I use a "LOOPER" or a Quick Cover from Custom Carry Concepts,LLC : IWB Holsters for my M&Ps and a "LOOPER" for my XD45. The "LOOPER" is extremely comfortable.

I also have a Fist 1A for my M&Ps that conceals well and comfortable
    FIST, INC.

Keep in mind the holsters for my M&Ps FS & Compact works with both the 9s and .40 S&W.

The grip for both the .40 and 9mm are the same size.
    John

NRA Life Member
    TSRA

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Walther PPS in .40

Superb guns. I love both my PPS (9mm & .40)

Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    Walther PPS in .40

Superb guns. I love both my PPS (9mm & .40)
    Not enough rounds.

Why not stick with the platform you know and carry? Just get the M&P 40c and be done with it. Your shooting style and technique would be similar enough on each, that you would not have to adjust your grip and trigger pull.

+1 on the CCC Looper.

I love my M&P's

M&P40
    M&P357
    M&P9c
    M&P9 Pro Series
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    What is so magical about 12 rounds?

I have a Glock 27 (very small & concealable) that holds 11 rounds with the +1 Glock mag. If you add my spare mag with 10 more rounds that makes 21 total. If I need more than that I hope I have the Stag M4 with a 30 round mag in the trunk of the car.

VIP Member
    Walther PPS .40

Only 6 or 7 round single stack magazines but what's not to like about this advanced very slim 1" wide and concealable sub-compact.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

+1 for Sig 229 w/ 12 round magazines!!!

H&K USP Compact 40 like Warmon said, or P2000 will both do 12+1, I have the P2000SK and love it and it will do 9+1.
    -Cody-

HK USP Tactical 45
    HK P2000SK .40, LEM, Night Sights

Your posts stress capacity. Is that more important to you than the feel, handling and overall use of the weapon?

I purchased my Compact 40 over a Kimber, Glock, and Springfield, because it felt so comfortable in my hand. It is a pleasure to shoot at the range.

If you feel you need more ammo, carry an extra mag. Now you are up to 21.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found raped and dead in an alley, strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker took two to the chest.

I stress capacity because if i am ever engaged in a gun battle or attacked by multiple assailants i would like to have the rounds to deal with it w/o reloading! Also comfort is not a huge issue as i dont plan on shooting my carry gun over and over again. It is a weapon for a purpose and will serve that purpose no matter how it feels. Even though i have never handled a handgun that i deemed "uncomfortable". Especially to the point where i thought it would effect my shooting ability. Also no matter what pistol you buy comfort is something you get over time. The more i hold a weapon or practice with it, the more natural and "comfortable" it will be. Even though i dont stress comfort to myself like that. Maybe others do, like my wife, but i really dont mind. I can adapt to any weapon. Regardless, i have decided against another .40 and purchased a 24/7 .45 acp. I figure its got the 12+1 i want in a compact, plus its a .45!

If it were me, I would go with the M&P40c. If you already have the M&P40 the fullsize mags, holsters, etc. can be used with the compact, plus you will have familiarity with the platform. The M&P40c should conceal just fine.

I am a small guy, 5'6" and about 145# soaking wet. I have a hard time concealing my fullsize M&P9 unless I am wearing a heavier cover garment like a fleece or jacket. For me, the shortened grip of the M&P compacts are much easier to conceal with my typical non-work attire, like untucked polo shirts. A lot of it also has to do with the holster.

I used to carry a Glock 23, seems to fit your req.
    " Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master." George Washington

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links